GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More on the Nintendo situation (please re-post as you see fit)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/03/03 at 09:24
Regular
Nintendo finally admitting serious GC problems...

Seemingly, Nintendo has given up on its “all is well, honest” stance, admitting that the GameCube has some serious problems that need to be overcome, and fast.

Speaking yesterday, Nintendo of America’s George Harrison made the most candid comments to date regarding the plight Nintendo faces in an increasingly hostile three-way console race.

“The real question is, as we start ‘03, what are we going to do differently?" said Harrison, the senior vice president of marketing for Nintendo of America. "For us it’s about trying to get the GameCube business moving and restore the confidence of the licensees."

This follows practically all the industry’s key third party-publishers taking a tentative step away from GameCube support over the past few weeks.

THQ, Sega, Electronic Arts, Codemasters - the list goes on, and the problem, with snowball-like effect, will only get worse unless confidence, both at consumer and industry level, is restored. Nintendo’s problems in the UK have been compounded by rumour that key retail chains are considering reducing GameCube exposure, or removing the machine altogether, in what would undoubtedly prove a killer blow.

The upcoming Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a hotly-anticipated game sure to be a massive hit, is expected to revive the GameCube’s sales and profile as a killer-app hosting machine. “It’s [Zelda] clearly what we need - to get the GameCube moving,” stated Harrison.
Wed 05/03/03 at 14:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well, the the senior vice president of marketing for Nintendo of America seems to be concerned. You'd better call him and tell him what you told us.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:12
"Darkness, always"
I'm concerned as well.

But there is little I can do about the fact that human beings, as a species, have no form of natural selection, and freely allow the chaff to walk among the wheat, so to speak.

They say an idiot is born every minute. That's not entirely accurate. i think several of them are born every few seconds. The world is full of gormless mongs who take whatever the latest opinion is in the papers or the latest rumour around school to be gospel and act on it.

The idea of looking into something before making a decision is completely unheard of. I can see the world running short of decent management potential in the next 30-40 years, and then it'll all fall in on us.

So am I concerned? Yes, but not for the reasons you might have thought. I'm concerned because the human race dumbing itself down and believe that by doing so it is making itself better.

But there is nothing I can do about that but pontificate and sermonise to deaf ears, while everyone else goes about their business believing nothing is wrong.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
What was it I said about a superiority complex? You sound like one of the agents from the Matrix! Does human stench sicken you?

I'm going to leave this thread now as I posted it as news and not to encourage another flame war.
Wed 05/03/03 at 15:21
"Darkness, always"
Hmmm. Whatever. I don't have a superiority complex, but if you can't see that a huge number of people on this planet are gormless buffoons...

*sigh*

They never listen. They never understand. I'll write up a full post about my feelings some other time.

But anyway, as for you "news", Nintendo is profitting greatly, so why would they need a change in direction?
Wed 05/03/03 at 17:47
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> Don't be ridiculous, Nintendo are not failing because of idiots
> posting on forums like this. They are screwing up the same way Sega
> screwed up. Bad marketing, plain and simple.
You think it's bad marketing?! I've seen tons of GC adverts and their games.
Wed 05/03/03 at 19:21
Regular
Well, actually, hype killed SEGA, people were waiting for the PS2, and few people have heard of the Saturn
"The what?"
The Saturn...
Wed 05/03/03 at 20:27
Regular
"  "
I have to thank my holidays in Gt Yarmouth for not getting a Saturn. Watch DD racing there which is why I chose the PSOne, for Destruction Derby. :)
Thu 06/03/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What's the console with the kiddy image...

The console with more 18+ users than kids or the console with more kids owning one that mature people?

You'll find that although people say the GC is for kids, most of the PS2 owners are little 12 year olds themselves!
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:12
Regular
"¬_¬"
Even though this is the Sony forum, I think all anti-Nintendo opinion is pathetic, really.
Thu 06/03/03 at 20:37
Regular
"  "
phi11ip wrote:
> What's the console with the kiddy image...
>
> The console with more 18+ users than kids or the console with more
> kids owning one that mature people?
>
> You'll find that although people say the GC is for kids, most of the
> PS2 owners are little 12 year olds themselves!

Which makes you just as bad...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.