GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone getting Phantasy Star Online tommorow?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Thu 06/03/03 at 15:32
Regular
Just wondering if anyone's getting and planning to use a 56k modem to play?

If you is let me know how it runs.

Apparently a certain other site has recieved shipment of the BB and modem adaptors so I'm guessing it'll be all up and running by tommorow.
Thu 13/03/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Cheers for that too ^^

I didn't think of that i guess, My head has been spinning with all this lately :)
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
cheers for that evil dark. but i still think that there are several different types of phone connection. for example. my internet phone tap can also be used as a phone but only because we had the installers enable it for phone purposes. i thought that our 15 quid a month btopenworld package would include the phone bill but it dosnt and normal rates apply. I think this might be the case if you were to connect a GC to a PC enabled internet phone tap.
But I thin what your saying about both sharing the same hours is pretty much true but you might have to get this enabled before you can use btopenworld for them both.
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:56
Regular
Or in short. I think your ISP counts on the Gamecube Online gaming Also the PC.
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:55
Regular
ok, I'm with Btopenworld moden *Sigh* Still in the 56k era. Anyway, I think it goes like this.

You choose your ISP, in this case i'm with BTopenworld for £15.99 i think, And on PSO you will pay £6 a month. My Btopenworld uses 150 hours per month. So whatever your ISP Deal is what you still have to pay for your Online gaming with the Cube also the PC. So say if i spent 10 hours on the PC, It would count the same as on the Cube. Leaving 140 hours left on either of the PC or Cube...

I think it go by that, Depending on your ISP is how much you will pay, If your ISP charges you call Charges (Which most ours don't) Then you will not need to pay that... Just the £6.

Anyone please correct me before i go running to buy the 56 modem ^^

I wouldn't know anything about boardband charges, I've been looking round about the Modem. Nintendo haven't help everymuch with this Modem and Boardband things...
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Im sure it will cost a little bit more to use it online. Can u get bt openworld for online gaming? that way u cud go on it all the time without having to worry about bills amounting.
Thu 13/03/03 at 17:30
Regular
I'm Confused with that question..

You needs a phone line, Which comes with the Boardband or Modem thingy anyway...

Net connection? I was puzzled by this one :( I'll link ya to a Nintendo Internet gaming guide with all the questions answered simple.

Here at: http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/online/

Hope that helps.
Thu 13/03/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Do you just need a phone line or do you need a net connection as well?
Thu 13/03/03 at 12:31
Regular
I've got it - am at roughly level 10 (as I've said in another topic, Sonic Mega Collection is in charge of my GameCube at the moment).

I haven't had the time or money to go online with the 'Cube yet and am currently enjoying single player offline.

Maybe in a few months time I'll consider going online, but not before.
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:30
Regular
Eh, Ok. You pay the £6 Monthly bills, But thats your Problem i guess.

And the Phone Plug, My one is Downstairs. So i went and got for less then £5 a Phone Extension Cable so it would reach all the way down stairs ^^ I also taped it all around the walls so it wasn't Visable unless you looked up, So when i got to the phone i just had to switch the Plugs.

Smart eh?

Not really. It seemed a bit stupid too think you had too buy a Wall Phone Plug just for the Online play. I really wouldn't go that far...
Wed 12/03/03 at 22:23
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
thing is though its gonna be so hard getting a phone link put in to my room just so i can play my GC online. who here has there tele with GC right next to a phone tap? I certainly dont! itll cost about 100 quid to get one installed in my room and about 30 quid a month to pay the bills...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.