GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yay! Halo 2 soon, Oh wait...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
Looks like Bungie are giving it a delay...

Taken from gamespot: -

"Bungie reveals that the much anticipated sequel to Halo won't make it to stores this year.

Bungie, the developer of Halo for Xbox, has updated its official site with news that Halo 2 will not be released in 2003.
"This game is a vast undertaking, considerably more complex than any of our previous efforts, and there is just no way to squeeze all of the necessary work into this calendar year. We know many of you were hoping to get your hands on Halo 2 during the holiday season, and we're sorry to disappoint you - but making this game as good as we possibly can is our paramount concern," said a Bungie representative. "Microsoft understands and supports our decision, and we hope you will too. Our ultimate goal is to make Halo 2 a great game; when the game comes out next year, we think you'll agree we made the right choice."

The company also stated that it plans to give a brief glimpse of Halo 2 at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo to be held in Los Angeles in mid-May."

Ah well, It'll be worth the wait. 
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:12
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
am i the only person that doesnt like halo

i found it got all to repetive all too quickly and all i wanted to do was stop playing it.
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:02
Regular
"BOSE"
to see that, yeah i'm pizzed. but i automaticly think that they're doing it for a good reason, spending as much time as they can to make it taste as good as it sounds. Halo 2 :-)

is there gonna be a Half Life 2? Half Life's a classic! when's Perfect Dark Zero coming out?
Sat 08/03/03 at 20:56
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> WHat's that bellend?

Oh how childish, still I suppose, given your usual place in the Nintendo forum, childishness is to expected...

> Oh you didn't see that Resi Evil 0 was released yesterday? oh and
> Phantasy Star Online.

Er yes, I did, Resi on a train, YAY !! PSO ? Er, yep, out on Xbox later this year and we won't have to put up with 56k users slowing things down. By the way, pick up your network adapter for it Tiltawhirl ? A great investment that, what with all those other games that came out for use with it like.....oh, there is none out apart from PSO.

> Oh look what we've got next week....oh Super Monkey Ball 2...oh and
> look at that Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Yup, Two Towers, Xbox and GC 14th March, Xbox owners have stuff all through March, nearly all decent as well.

> Oh yeah and guess what's up the week after? that little game called
> Metroid Prime, I bet that might be rather good what with the majority
> of game journalists calling it one of the best games ever.

Yes, and a majority of game journalists are content to say they can't compare it to Halo, then proceed to do just that. I'd hope a brand new game could be a bit like a year and a half old one...

> Take you head out your ar-se mate, your boring comments get on
> everyones ti-ts.

Actually I'm betting the antics of you and other people who have no interest in the Xbox other than to cause arguments or make silly remarks are far more boring, and I suspect many here could use harsher words than that. Maybe we'll have to organise a mass visit to the Nintendo forum sometime......sorry, I forgot, we're all too busy playing games to be that petty and desperate.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its ashame, but at the same time its better to have something special instead of a rush job. Plus there are loads of excellent games to keep us busy till then. :-)

I'm just gonna keep my mind on the other releases and carry on enjoying the first Halo game. No point in sitting around depressed about it all. :-)
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Am I the only one pizzed at this announcement?

Perfect dark 2 better be its replacement on the release schedule, or as I've heard from other places, Half life 2.
Sat 08/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
Star Fury wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> *Does a little annoying dance designed to annoy XBox and Halo
> lovers*
>
>
> Oh well, at least, unlike Gamecube owners, we're not kept waiting for
> loads of decent games forever, Halo 2 may be delayed, but it won't
> stop the rest !

WHat's that bellend?

Oh you didn't see that Resi Evil 0 was released yesterday? oh and Phantasy Star Online.

Oh look what we've got next week....oh Super Monkey Ball 2...oh and look at that Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Oh yeah and guess what's up the week after? that little game called Metroid Prime, I bet that might be rather good what with the majority of game journalists calling it one of the best games ever.

Take you head out your ar-se mate, your boring comments get on everyones ti-ts.
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:11
Regular
"I ush!"
Thanks for the update,
but there are too many quality releases between now and then to be worrying about Halo 2 just yet ; )
Sat 08/03/03 at 11:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I never believed it would be released this year. It's good news really, we don't want a rushed job. If it's going to be as polished as the original, Bungie are going to need time.
Sat 08/03/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Cyclone wrote:
> *Does a little annoying dance designed to annoy XBox and Halo
> lovers*
>

Oh well, at least, unlike Gamecube owners, we're not kept waiting for loads of decent games forever, Halo 2 may be delayed, but it won't stop the rest !
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:21
Regular
I don't see why you all aren't dying in anticipation of Fable. It's bound to be ten times better than Halo 2 anyway. When's it out, btw?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.