GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yay! Halo 2 soon, Oh wait...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Fri 07/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
Looks like Bungie are giving it a delay...

Taken from gamespot: -

"Bungie reveals that the much anticipated sequel to Halo won't make it to stores this year.

Bungie, the developer of Halo for Xbox, has updated its official site with news that Halo 2 will not be released in 2003.
"This game is a vast undertaking, considerably more complex than any of our previous efforts, and there is just no way to squeeze all of the necessary work into this calendar year. We know many of you were hoping to get your hands on Halo 2 during the holiday season, and we're sorry to disappoint you - but making this game as good as we possibly can is our paramount concern," said a Bungie representative. "Microsoft understands and supports our decision, and we hope you will too. Our ultimate goal is to make Halo 2 a great game; when the game comes out next year, we think you'll agree we made the right choice."

The company also stated that it plans to give a brief glimpse of Halo 2 at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo to be held in Los Angeles in mid-May."

Ah well, It'll be worth the wait. 
Mon 10/03/03 at 00:40
Regular
Star Fury wrote:

> If those games do not appeal to me then I can certainly say it isn't a
> good month,

Okay then in my opinion Xbox is having a crap month.

Nintendo is neglecting the online side,
> yet it's rushed the release of its own adaptor, and before anyone
> counters on this, how many games work with it ? 1.

No, it's not rushed at all. Nintendo only released the online adaptor because Sega where looking to release Phantasy Star Online.

From where I'm standing, the CUbe adaptor is a lot more up my street than Xbox live (at the moment). There's no denying that Xbox has the best online setup out of all 3 consoles but I just don't see any software being released for it that intrests me.

What's stupider?

Paying £30 for an online adaptor to play one game or paying £90 for a peripheral to play 1 game?

Obviously if you want to play Phantasy Star Online or you want to play Steel Battalion then you're gonna be willing to shell out the bucks to enable you to play. It's just a matter of different opinion Mr Dandy and you don't seem to care about anyone else's.

> And what is there after Zelda ? I don't know, and if I don't then
> neither do many other people, so none of us are going to even consider
> a GC are we ? Even the Xbox is starting to get some of the word of
> mouth popularity the PS2 has, but not the GC, in my experience.

Have you actually looked into it?

DIdn't think so, I remind you that Cube is still 2nd and by the looks of things Cube sales have started to pick up in the UK ever since the price dropped. Many shops have been reporting that they've been selling out all their CUbe stock, Resi 0 and Phantasy Star Online are selling like hot cakes.

> Europe......If the console had piles of decent titles then fair
> enough, but in my eyes it hasn't, thats why I sold mine in January.
> Those games should have been out in December to push sales.

We all agree that Nintendo have got to sort things out, the Cubes European Xmas lineup was nothing short of abysmal. Nintendo seem to be bucking their ideas up a bit more recently, the way they're marketing Metroid Prime is a massive step forward and I expect Zelda to receive the same treatment.
Sun 09/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Come off it Star Fury how can you say that March isn't a good month
> for the GameCube? Resident Evil Zero, Metroid Prime and Super Monkey
> Ball 2. Granted they may not be your idea of fun but for the majority
> of GameCube owners they are and you can not take it away from them.
> Resident Evil Zero is one of my most anticipated games of this year
> and I am hoping that Metroid Prime can top what Halo did in March last
> year.

If those games do not appeal to me then I can certainly say it isn't a good month, and judging from the GC sales I'm not the only one not convinced. Xbox has, and will see, Battle Engine Aquila, Two Towers (also on GC), Shenmue 2, HOTD 3 + Gun, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Steel Batallion, DOAX and a load more, plus the official launch of Xbox Live, and more online games. Nintendo is neglecting the online side, yet it's rushed the release of its own adaptor, and before anyone counters on this, how many games work with it ? 1. That is rushed my friends.

And what is there after Zelda ? I don't know, and if I don't then neither do many other people, so none of us are going to even consider a GC are we ? Even the Xbox is starting to get some of the word of mouth popularity the PS2 has, but not the GC, in my experience.

>You can't call Tilta childish and then come out with a comment
> like "Oh well, at least, unlike Gamecube owners, we're not kept
> waiting for loads of decent games forever".

Yes I can call him whatever the SR swear filter allows, actually, as he can me. He comes here purposely to wind people up, so I don't really care to be honest. And I think it is perfectly valid to highlight how Nintendo makes GC owners wait a small eternity for games which are available in the USA. Metroid, Zelda, the now never to appear Animal Crossing - all available for ages in the US, but not in Europe......If the console had piles of decent titles then fair enough, but in my eyes it hasn't, thats why I sold mine in January. Those games should have been out in December to push sales.
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:45
"Lemon eyewash"
it'll be worth the wait, still errrr makes me annoyed though :(
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:43
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> And Tiltawhirl why do you come in here just to annoy these people?

Errrrrr you have me muddled up with Maverick I think you'll find.

I barely ever come on these forums and when I do it's only for sensible conversation. That's what most of these guys are, sensible, give or take a few biased fanboys...Belldandy included.
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:40
Regular
Star Fury wrote:

> Actually I'm betting the antics of you and other people who have no
> interest in the Xbox other than to cause arguments or make silly
> remarks are far more boring, and I suspect many here could use harsher
> words than that. Maybe we'll have to organise a mass visit to the
> Nintendo forum sometime......sorry, I forgot, we're all too busy
> playing games to be that petty and desperate.

You really are an anally retentive little tard aren't you?

When was the last time you saw me in here slating Xbox games?

If anything I'm more likely to praise them these days, but as has been shown in the life forum with you it's either Bellends way or the highway.

Either you've had your sense of humour violently removed out of your u-bend or you really are just a class A tw@t. Either way you bore me, go stock some trays in the Pick and Mix counter of Woolworths or something, that is what you do for a job isn't it?

Gimp.
Sat 08/03/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
gerrid wrote:
> Also I believe the Xbox version doesn't include the original game, and is only Ver.2, although I may be wrong.

Yea, you are. :P Xbox version has everything in the GC version, plus the advantages of what Xbox Live brings, namely voice support, friends list etc.
Sat 08/03/03 at 22:08
Regular
Excellent reply Alistair.
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Star Fury wrote:
> PSO ? Er, yep, out on Xbox
> later this year and we won't have to put up with 56k users slowing
> things down.

You realise the game is designed for a 56k modem and will have the same high framerates et all no matter the speed of your connection. Also I believe the Xbox version doesn't include the original game, and is only Ver.2, although I may be wrong.

Why do you insist on arguing stupid points.
And what's this about "resi on a train".
Yes well you could equally say:
"Halo 2; oh Halo on earth"

And Tiltawhirl why do you come in here just to annoy these people?
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
NOTORIOUS JCP wrote:
> am i the only person that doesnt like halo
>
> i found it got all to repetive all too quickly and all i wanted to do
> was stop playing it.

Nope. I dislike too. And good post Alastair. Nice to see some healthy arguments.

:)
Sat 08/03/03 at 21:46
Regular
Come off it Star Fury how can you say that March isn't a good month for the GameCube? Resident Evil Zero, Metroid Prime and Super Monkey Ball 2. Granted they may not be your idea of fun but for the majority of GameCube owners they are and you can not take it away from them. Resident Evil Zero is one of my most anticipated games of this year and I am hoping that Metroid Prime can top what Halo did in March last year. You can't call Tilta childish and then come out with a comment like "Oh well, at least, unlike Gamecube owners, we're not kept waiting for loads of decent games forever".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.