GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil 0 first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil Zero'.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:56
Regular
This game rocks.

Been playing it since about 7pm and it really does own.

Wasn't sure about the whole partner zapping thing before I played but I gotta say, it works amazingly well.

The graphics are amazing, even more so than the Resi Evil remake.

The one new enemy i've seen so far is hella good, the first time you meet him in the dining car of the train is damn sweet.

The first boss looks good but is actually really easy to kill, though the first time I saw it I ran like a little girl....then came back with a shogun and unloaded it in his face.

The storyline seems much more involved, already it's revealed a load of details about the events leading up to the Mansion incident and how the T Virus escaped.

What I'm trying to say is if you like Resident Evil go get this game damn you.

It rocks.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:56
Regular
This game rocks.

Been playing it since about 7pm and it really does own.

Wasn't sure about the whole partner zapping thing before I played but I gotta say, it works amazingly well.

The graphics are amazing, even more so than the Resi Evil remake.

The one new enemy i've seen so far is hella good, the first time you meet him in the dining car of the train is damn sweet.

The first boss looks good but is actually really easy to kill, though the first time I saw it I ran like a little girl....then came back with a shogun and unloaded it in his face.

The storyline seems much more involved, already it's revealed a load of details about the events leading up to the Mansion incident and how the T Virus escaped.

What I'm trying to say is if you like Resident Evil go get this game damn you.

It rocks.
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ARG!

30th.......awaits.......
Fri 07/03/03 at 23:59
Regular
I'm gonna get round to ordering it this weekend. Could get the PAL version but I can't be bothered.
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:01
Regular
I can't wait to get this game and although I am split between getting this and MGS2: Substance for the Xbox I think I will go for Zero. I am a big fan of the series and I love the whole Resident Evil idea and the way the game involvs you for the start! I must say the ability to drive a 'Shogun' is going to make my decision a whole lot easier ;)
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:06
Regular
If you want a game, get Resident Evil Zero.
If you want an FMV movie, get Metal Gear Solid 2.

I know which I'd pick...
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:09
Regular
Edgy, you're wrong.

MGS2 uses cut-scenes :D. Nah, in all fairness, the gameplay does own.
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:12
Regular
Have to say I'm very impressed with the FMV in Resi 0, luckily though it doesn't take over from the gameplay.

I got killed by a stretch armstrong like Zombie in the toilets and haven't dared go back in there yet.
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:14
Regular
I have completed the PS2 version of MGS2 3 times and I enjoyed each one immensly. With full Dolby Digital 5.1 and all the extras over the original are going to make me come back for another purchase. I am going to pick up these 2 and Metroid before the month is out so it doesn't really matter which I get first.
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:19
Regular
I have to say I'm impressed with the actual ingame graphics in Resi Zero. There's one bit I got to in my brief play before work today which sees Rebecca Chambers (got to remember not to call her Jill) climbs up a ladder to get on top of the train. When she's on the top, she crouches and appears to be fighting against the air resistance to stay on her feet.

It took me around half a minute to realise it wasn't FMV :D
Sat 08/03/03 at 00:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ARG!

March 30th!

Damn my brother!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.