GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Substance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
And it is very very good.

I've played the game solidly(:P) since last night and the majority of the time was spent on the 350+ VR missions, which are more enjoyable than the main game, not to mention challanging.

I havn't even had time to do the Alternate missions or Snakes tales yet. This game is value for money.

Buy it.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
And it is very very good.

I've played the game solidly(:P) since last night and the majority of the time was spent on the 350+ VR missions, which are more enjoyable than the main game, not to mention challanging.

I havn't even had time to do the Alternate missions or Snakes tales yet. This game is value for money.

Buy it.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:55
Regular
"He's back"
I saw it today #1 in the chart.

But I recommend NOT recommending a game till at least a month of play. I used to recommend some * games, I did.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I picked this up yesterday as well. :-) Haven't really sat down and played it yet though - been playing Toejam & Earl 3. ;-))
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
May get this once its cheap. Already have the original PS2 version which I have had for just over the year, no point in spending £40 on a game thats nearly the same as the PS2 version. I know its got alot of extras but its still basically the same game as the PS2 original version.
Sat 08/03/03 at 15:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its alot more fun, no codec screns, just great gameplay.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Unretired"
I got a copy of it today!
Being a great fan of MGS1 I love the game, I had only played snippets of the original PS2 version though.
Sat 08/03/03 at 23:33
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
adrian wrote:
> I know its got alot of extras but its still basically the same game as the PS2 original version.

Trade in the PS2 version, and get substance. If your a fan of the gameplay in MGS, you'll love substance. Not to mention the face i've spent more time on the VR missions than the main game itself.

And not to get controversial, but I really do feel MGS plays better with the Xbox Pad. Instead of using R1 to get first person view point, you juts click in the left thumbstick, its really intuative. Other than that its the same.

And the slowdown apparant in the Xbox version? I havn't seen any so far during gameplay whatsoever, perhaps it was only the american version that was bad. There was some slight slowdown during the opening sequence of the game when snake ran and jumped of the bridge, but other than that, ive seen none.

Its one of the best value games out there. If you, like me, enjoy completing challanges tot he best of your ability, you will love the VR section. It remeinds me of PGR, you can quickly blast though some of them, but the real enjoyment is going back and playing untill you get the "glod medal" so to speak.
Sat 08/03/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Opps before someone who loves the PS2(probably wookie) points out, you should trade in MGS2, and get substace, for either Xbox or PS2.

And it does seam the PS2 version is better(for once), no slowdown, although I have stressed there is barely any of it.
Sun 09/03/03 at 00:47
"Lemon eyewash"
Mantis wrote:
> Opps before someone who loves the PS2(probably wookie) points out, you
> should trade in MGS2, and get substace, for either Xbox or PS2.
>
> And it does seam the PS2 version is better(for once), no slowdown,
> although I have stressed there is barely any of it.

i'm trading my MGS:2 for MGS:2 substance on x box :)
Sun 09/03/03 at 10:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> I know its got alot of extras but its still basically the same game as
> the PS2 original version.
>
> Trade in the PS2 version, and get substance. If your a fan of the
> gameplay in MGS, you'll love substance.

Yes and get a the price equilvant of a packet of crisps in the process. Its not the money issue about getting the game again, its about spending money on a game which I have already played and completed. Yes its different, yes theres tons of extras but currently I have very little time to play games and I dont really want to be playing a game I completed a year ago. I will probably get Substance in the summer or when its cheaper, but at the moment I am looking forward to playing Resident Evil Zero, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Silent Hill 3, Devil May Cry 2 etc as they are games I have not played yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.