GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Substance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance'.
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:26
Regular
And it is very very good.

I've played the game solidly(:P) since last night and the majority of the time was spent on the 350+ VR missions, which are more enjoyable than the main game, not to mention challanging.

I havn't even had time to do the Alternate missions or Snakes tales yet. This game is value for money.

Buy it.
Wed 12/03/03 at 19:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
After playing through this again recently, I've come to realise just how lame and crud the Raiden/Rose story within the game is. You're in a massive world threatening situation and at the same time, you've got some total stupid bint woman whining to know what April 30th means and how wonderful it was when they met. God only the Japanese would put something stupid like that into a game that puts you in such a high profile mission.

Me thinks this love crap needs to take a sharp turn out of MGS before it gets too stupid.
Wed 12/03/03 at 12:11
Regular
Can you lot please tell me.

Ive played MGS (psx)/ MGS: special missions and mgs 2

I finally got bored of these games and now is it worth me even playin substance or will i get bored.
Tue 11/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I know star fury, I played through the tanker section and saw none.

However when playing one of snakes alternate missions there was some slowdown, no effect on gameplay, but it is there and it took me a while to notice any of it. Look on the brightside, its not there 99% of the time.
Mon 10/03/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Compare both versions and you'll see. Yes, it's minimal, but it's
> there nonetheless.

Where ? I've finished the tanker and seen none yet...
Mon 10/03/03 at 21:09
Regular
That was actually me under his account. He's my brother you see. I think that spamming came when a group of friends got a little 'hectic' when he had some people round.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Tom.. that was by the King of Gamez...

I know, but as the story goes, J-42 created that account for a friend. He then got stuck on that account, and couldn't work out how to get back onto his original account. To solve this, he decided to try and get the account banned "with the permission of his friend" as he later said in the customer services forum.

He annoyed the hell out of everyone while trying to get banned (and not admitting who he was until later on) instead of posting a polite request for help.

J-42 has also posted a lot of similar anti-microsoft topics in this forum, but I couldn't be bothered to go back and find them.

So for that reason, I'd take anything J-42 says with a pinch of salt.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> No, your just repeating what you've read over the internet. The fact
> is the slowdown is almost non existant.

Compare both versions and you'll see. Yes, it's minimal, but it's there nonetheless.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:33
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> By slow down what do you mean? 60 fps down to 30fps or does it become
> totally un-playable?

Nothing unplayable. Just if you're a bit of a perfectionist, you might be a bit annoyed.
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:32
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Ah, but you forget. J-42 is a annoying little chimp, who writes this
> sort of rubbish:
>
> http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php? (SPACE)
> threadid=63881&forumid=130

Tom.. that was by the King of Gamez...
Mon 10/03/03 at 20:31
Regular
therage79 wrote:
> Having never played MGS in my life...how does it compare to splinter
> cell, and is it worth getting, if i already own the before mentioned
> SC?Ps Indiana Jones loks pretty good dont you think?

I've found Splinter Cell to be a lot more slower paced and linear than Metal Gear Solid 2. Both have strengths and weaknesses, so if you're into the Steal 'Em Up genre, it's worth getting both. If I were forced to pick one however - it'd be MGS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.