GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your views on the Nintendo Game Cube (I would like to know)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
I am a proud owner of the PS2 and the Xbox and I would like to know what people's views on the Niniendo Game Cube because of all the messages of people saying it isn't that good and I would like to see how many thinks that and how many people thinks it good, and of course not forgeting I would like to read some of the arguements
Mon 24/03/03 at 23:02
Regular
The drunken Terd wrote:
> I would say even though the memory way overcomes the Ps2 here are some
> resons you should not get it
> 1.can't play dvd's
> 2.can't play cd's

The GameCube is a games console - nothing more, nothing less. Instead of pouring resources into making the console a home entertainment system, Nintendo have created the best gaming experience possible - with an impressive back catalogue to boot.

> unlike the Ps2 and Xbox witch can do both I would not get the Gamecube

These 'extra features' are reflected in the prices. The GameCube is now £78.99 with a game and memory card from certain stores, whereas the Xbox is £159.99 and the PS2 is £179.99 with a game. Plus, the PS2's DVD is fairly crap - and to utilise the Xbox one, it takes a £20 add-on!
Sun 23/03/03 at 18:21
"For the horde!!!!"
The drunken Terd wrote:
> 1.can't play dvd's
> 2.can't play cd's

these arn't the reason you buy a console, you buy a console for the games. Besides everyone and his wife as a CD player don't they.
Sun 23/03/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
The drunken Terd wrote:
> I would say even though the memory way overcomes the Ps2 here are some
> resons you should not get it
> 1.can't play dvd's
> 2.can't play cd's

You know, I hate prats such as yourself.

A console.
For playing games on.

Not for DVD's, music CD's, or any other crap such as that.
For playing games on.

If you want useless capabilities such as the ones you suggested, get a DVD player.
Sun 23/03/03 at 17:45
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I would say even though the memory way overcomes the Ps2 here are some resons you should not get it
1.can't play dvd's
2.can't play cd's

unlike the Ps2 and Xbox witch can do both I would not get the Gamecube
Sun 23/03/03 at 12:02
Regular
beanz wrote:
> well from what i played of it i would hazard to disagree...virtua
> fighter 4 is for me the most complex and varied fighter around...

I've never played Virtua Fighter 4, but calling Super Smash Bros. Melee simplistic is just completely and utterly wrong.
Sat 22/03/03 at 14:46
Regular
"accidental superher"
Maverick42 wrote:
> beanz wrote:
> Super Smash Bros. Melee -had but sold and hated it cos it was WAYY
> to
> simplistic for my liking....give me virtua fighter 4 anyday!
>
> Simplistic? It's the most complex and varied fighter I've played!

well from what i played of it i would hazard to disagree...virtua fighter 4 is for me the most complex and varied fighter around...
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:44
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> The only game that appeals to me there is SSB: Melee, I dont know what
> it is but I just cant seem to get interested in the Cube.

What? What about Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, Super Monkey Ball 2, Rogue Leader, Wave Race? Not to mention the others I listed.. Read some reviews, there's loads of worthwhile games on the 'Cube.
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:40
Regular
beanz wrote:
> Super Smash Bros. Melee -had but sold and hated it cos it was WAYY to
> simplistic for my liking....give me virtua fighter 4 anyday!

Simplistic? It's the most complex and varied fighter I've played!
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:53
Regular
Starfox is a dry tu*d of a game.

Cop yaself a feel of some Monkey Balls, now that's a good game.
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
Maverick42 wrote:
actually sorry i have considered more than the ones i listed...

> What? You haven't even considered these:
>
> Animal Crossing -not particularly interested.
> Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem -am gonna get at some time
> Mario Party 4 -not interested (although dixons is selling it for 25 quid :D)
> Starfox Adventures -got but i find it a bit shallow and dull...just going back and forth fetching items and the combat system isn't exactly the most complex. nice graphix though
> Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -got on the pc (and completed)but i prefer quite a lot more fps compared to this.
> Super Smash Bros. Melee -had but sold and hated it cos it was WAYY to simplistic for my liking....give me virtua fighter 4 anyday!

> Pikmin
> Luigi's Mansion
and as i said before these two are meant to be really short...i'm not gonna get them until they're in the buy 2 for 30 quid bracket

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.