GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is your views on the Nintendo Game Cube (I would like to know)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
I am a proud owner of the PS2 and the Xbox and I would like to know what people's views on the Niniendo Game Cube because of all the messages of people saying it isn't that good and I would like to see how many thinks that and how many people thinks it good, and of course not forgeting I would like to read some of the arguements
Sat 08/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
"I kill 4 money"
I am a proud owner of the PS2 and the Xbox and I would like to know what people's views on the Niniendo Game Cube because of all the messages of people saying it isn't that good and I would like to see how many thinks that and how many people thinks it good, and of course not forgeting I would like to read some of the arguements
Sat 08/03/03 at 15:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I like it.

I like it better than my PS2 at the moment. Hardly any of the PS2's more recent releases or releases coming in the next few months interest me at all. Maybe in or after the Summer I'll find something I'll like, but right now, GameCube is my console of choice.

:-)

I also want an Xbox, for some odd reason - I think it's probably just so I can brag about owning all consoles. :-D
Sat 08/03/03 at 15:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GC kicks
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:09
Regular
"I kill 4 money"
Give me a good reason to buy one
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:12
"period drama"
I want one, and would already have one if I had more money.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the GC. I bought one in October I think it was. I've hardly played it since I got it, there just isn't really any games that I find interesting available for it. But I
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
DAMMIT!

What I was going to say was that I will be getting Resi 0, but that's all that really gets my attention. To be honest, I can't give you a reason for buying one.

I also have a PS2 and the X-Box, so thats a point of view from someone that has played all machines.
Sat 08/03/03 at 16:53
Regular
"I ush!"
Da_Killa wrote:
> Give me a good reason to buy one

I've got all three, you could too.
It's definitely worth buying one. Just look at some of the games you could have. You'll never have to read a multi format mag again and brush over, or look longingly at reviews of games that'll never be released on PS2 or Xbox.

For some reason gamecube games seem to focus more on gameplay. The impression I got of Halo, for example was that it is a great game, but it was made by people who know how to program, how to use the hardware and make pretty graphics etc.
Gamecube games manage to still look great, but the focus somehow seems to be more on the gameplay.

Also, they're really tiny and cute, Might not be your bag but the girl friend likes it. Probably the only time she's been so impressed by something so small :(

that's probably a little too much information, but anyhoo . .

hope it helps a bit
Sat 08/03/03 at 17:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Da_Killa wrote:
> Give me a good reason to buy one

---

There are a few.

- It's like the N64 on the multiplayer front - games like TimeSplitters 2, Smash Bros: Melee, FIFA 2003, Wrestlemania X-8, Mario Party 4 and Super Monkey Ball are just brilliant in multiplayer.
- There are also some great single player games like Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Starfox and Pikmin.
- The GC is online already, with games like Phatasy Star Online.
- The Wavebird controller is genius.
- This year will be a top year for GC, with games like Mario Kart GC, Skies Of Arcadia: Legends, Galleon, 1080: Avalanche and F-Zero GC arriving on the scene.

You would love it. :-D
Sat 08/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lou Role wrote:
> What I was going to say was that I will be getting Resi 0, but that's
> all that really gets my attention.

---

You mean you don't want Metroid Prime?

Curse you to hell! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.