GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS swoop bioware?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/03/03 at 00:12
Regular
According to CVG.com, the next publisher to get swallowed up by bills loose change is bioware.

Look at http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

Doesn't make sence to me. What do bioware make which is really outstanding? Baulders Gate and KOTOR? RPGs just don't do it for me love, bar shenmue.

MS should just do the best thing and buy a stake in Sega, ensuring great games.

Thoughts?
Thu 13/03/03 at 21:45
Regular
Star Fury wrote:

> Er yeah, right. Cartridges when everyone went for CDs ? An overpriced
> failed add on for the N64, ports on the bottom of several consoles
> that were never used.....what have they actually innovated, apart from
> coloured consoles ? Please, tell me ?

That's the most tarded thing i've ever read.

You want an example?

You see that little thing on your control pad called a D Pad?

You wouldn't have that if it wasn't for Nintendo's innovation.

4 ports on the front of a console? oh yeah that will be Nintendo too.

Rumble packs for your controller? Yup I think you'll find Nintendo can lay claim to that as well.

I could go on listing all night but it would get very boring.
Thu 13/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
Star Fury wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You see I wasn't actually comparing the consoles specs you nonce,
> I'm
> talking about the games.
>
> Oh dear Tilta, really are getting worked up aren't we ? I see that now
> those who do not follow your beloved purple cubs are now nonces ? Yes,
> I am sure a failure to believe in the GC as a great machine is an
> equivalent crime to that of nonces, in your own little screwed up
> world. Inhabited by one person. You. Ahem......

How hypocritical can one person be?

You seem to think than anyone who likes another console and doesn't agree with everything you say has it in for the Xbox.

I have nothing against the Xbox in any way, shape or form. Infact I think it's a pretty good console, i'd buy one if I had the time to spend playing it to make it a worthwhile purchase.

The only thing I ever do is defend the Cube against people such as yourself. In your mind your right everyone who doesn't subscribe to Belldandy's way of thinking is wrong and is out to get you.

If anyone's being infantile here my friend, it is you. Anyway I can't be bothered wasting my time on fanboys, such as yourself.
Thu 13/03/03 at 20:08
Regular
Belldandy, you seriously are quite pathetic sometimes. You now remain as pretty much the ony XBox forum regular to be so infantile towards the GC.

There's no point starting an argument here because by the time I've come back to this forum it will have probably dropped off the page. But you should seriously read over what you say carefully, because you're just as bad as anyone you jump to criticise.
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
there is only one word for tiltawirl.

IDIOT
Thu 13/03/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You see I wasn't actually comparing the consoles specs you nonce, I'm
> talking about the games.

Oh dear Tilta, really are getting worked up aren't we ? I see that now those who do not follow your beloved purple cubs are now nonces ? Yes, I am sure a failure to believe in the GC as a great machine is an equivalent crime to that of nonces, in your own little screwed up world. Inhabited by one person. You. Ahem......

Your PC may indeed have a hard drive, but I challenge you to show me a PC that, for 169.99, comes with two decent games and can run HALO at full tilt, because that PC hasn't been invented yet.

> Anyway if it wasn't for Nintendo's innovation in the console industry,
> you would have no Xbox.

Er yeah, right. Cartridges when everyone went for CDs ? An overpriced failed add on for the N64, ports on the bottom of several consoles that were never used.....what have they actually innovated, apart from coloured consoles ? Please, tell me ?

> Online play was already screwed up before Nintendo got anywhere near
> it. If you think online gaming is the future then you're welcome to
> your own misguided opinion, but i'll contest it all the way.

Online is the future, simply because more and more things are shifting to online.
Thu 13/03/03 at 16:29
Regular
Star Fury wrote:

> Oh yes, I can see how a console that plays games only and has no
> inbuilt network adapter,

Really innovative...oh hang on my PC can do that.

no hard drive,

Yet again my PC can do that.

no DVD,

Since when has watching films made any difference to the way you play games?

no dolby 5.1 in games,

Again not exactly innovative.

You see I wasn't actually comparing the consoles specs you nonce, I'm talking about the games.

Anyway if it wasn't for Nintendo's innovation in the console industry, you would have no Xbox.

> Nintendo have screwed up online play.

Online play was already screwed up before Nintendo got anywhere near it. If you think online gaming is the future then you're welcome to your own misguided opinion, but i'll contest it all the way.
Thu 13/03/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Insane Bartender wrote:
>XBOX boast what, 350,000?
> Again, you can take a fraction of those as the real figure, and while
> as a % of user base, it's better than Sony, it's still pathetic given
> the amount of money the companies have invested in that direction.

Pah, crap. That's 350 000 signed up, credit cards registered, users, and growing daily. It's pretty damn far from pathetic once you start to think about it.

> If I want to go online, I have a PC. If I want to play the best games
> in the world, I'll play on my GC.

*chokes* Dixon's obviously don't share your confidence in the building brick :D

> Anyone know the release date of Halo on PC by the way?

Think of a date, add 6 months to that date, will probably be about as effective as any date anyone gives.
Thu 13/03/03 at 12:54
"Darkness, always"
Yes.
Thu 13/03/03 at 12:31
Regular
"BOSE"
are you 100% possitive that Halo's coming to PC?
Thu 13/03/03 at 11:41
"Darkness, always"
Why are people jumping up and down so much about online gaming?

Sony release a statement saying "600,000 people have gone online with PS2" which firstly translates as "we've had 600,000 online hits", which indicates only a fraction of that number actually have gone online, and even then, compare that to the size of the Sony user base, and it's pathetic. XBOX boast what, 350,000? Again, you can take a fraction of those as the real figure, and while as a % of user base, it's better than Sony, it's still pathetic given the amount of money the companies have invested in that direction.

If I want to go online, I have a PC. If I want to play the best games in the world, I'll play on my GC.

Anyone know the release date of Halo on PC by the way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.