GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is fed up of Whitestripes?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/03/03 at 20:32
Regular
Who is fed up with Whitestripes arguing and insults?

When ever somebody says something that he mildly dislikes or has a minor mistake in, he goes over the top and calls you every name under the sun.

I personally am fed up with him, who else is?
Sun 09/03/03 at 22:14
Regular
Stupid insults and arguments keep the forum lively.

Yes, you might get really insulted, but instead of being a dull stick in the mud, take it for the tongue-in-cheek joke that it is, and throw one back.

If you take web messages too seriously, then forums might not be the best place to spend time...
Sun 09/03/03 at 22:37
Regular
like Strafex said disagreeing is what keeps the forums alive, if there wasnt disagreeing ti would be

"GC the best ever"
"yeah i agree"
"brilliant"

i do agree he can be over the top, just because someone disagrees doesnt mean u have to be nasty, just state why u disagree with evidence.

just ignore him if u dont like it.
Mon 10/03/03 at 09:12
Regular
"aliens exist"
i agree with chad, and personally i think whitestripes is am -ravaged homo, i dis-approve of his very existance, the main reason being that the contributed so much crap to this forum, and i am sure he spends his whole day writing pages of "spoofs" which are crap, boring and only the real geeks with nothing better to do with their time, even read them.

whitestripes is quickly becoming the new edgy, a bigheaded, arrogant fool who has his head so far up his own , that he needs a glass stomach so he can see where he is is going.

if he continues to act like a retard, then i can see him going the same way as edgy, which means that he will no longer be listened to and his views will be ignored, much like edgy's now are.

im sure he will have something to say about my post, as will his "sheep" friends, but there you go. please come back at me, and we can continue from there.

Untitled
Mon 10/03/03 at 09:25
"For the horde!!!!"
Untitled wrote:
> i agree with chad, and personally i think whitestripes is am
> a$s-ravaged homo, i dis-approve of his very existance,

this reminds me of the Talabans because they disapprove of the existance of westerners and fly planes into the world trade centre.
*peers at Untitled*
your not a terrorist are you?

> if he continues to act like a retard, then i can see him going the
> same way as edgy, which means that he will no longer be listened to
> and his views will be ignored, much like edgy's now are.

and your not?

> im sure he will have something to say about my post, as will his
> "sheep" friends, but there you go. please come back at me,
> and we can continue from there.

how do you know he as sheep friends are you a peeping tom that hangs around farms?
Mon 10/03/03 at 09:33
"Darkness, always"
Do I dislike Whitestripes?

Not really. In fact, I like his style.
Mon 10/03/03 at 09:34
Regular
"Omnipresent"
N00b Vs popular reg...
Like David and Goliath, but Goaliath wins this time!
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:50
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Hmmm I knew this would come up eventually.Unfortunately like any gathering place with members a new person needs to gain respect. In this case there are the "welcomers" the "neutrals" and the "lets see what this person can do" folks. Whitestripes falls into the "lets see what this person can do" camp.

And as is quite often the case he has a good old stab to see if the character can handle it. Useful - becuase IF this form ever yielded an interesting and constructive debate the newbie better be able to communicate effectively and decisively to be heard over the " oh the noob speaks " mockery that some regulars in the above defined camps tend to cloud their judgement with.

So in a way Whitestripes is like the great sieve in the sky, sorting those that can and those that can't. This is indeed positive - if you can put up with him of course. If not, simply read his posts - marvel at his apparently massive reserves of time and effort (some of his conversations have ranged over 6 hours) and inability to let something go. I mean in some cases he is just as bad as the newb who is baiting him. How I laughed when I read the thread that contained the argument that he and some other little know charachter through to about 4 am. Beatings, post codes, pictures, life/no life the list is endless. He won - but at a price of an all night argument...there's gotta be more to life than that.

I digress.

Anywayz (um... intentional misspelling WS) - to sum up he is the entertainment. And from what I gather (I think he plays guitar, hopefully in a band) it's his nature to be an competitive, arrogant, resourceful, limelight loving entertainer. Just one of the many characters that make up this lil (intentional misspelling WS) community of ours.

So Chad - chill my man, it takes all kinds to make the world up. I'm not siding with anyone -just offering some advice (to you and all those who have issues with WS) on how to handle the more prickly characters on this board.

I think all the members are great. I don't post often but I pop into this forum for a read every day during lunch hour. You get to know who's who and who can take what, who's got red buttons that say "don't press me" and who hasn't. It's quite fascinating and funny too. So spend some time reading and pick your posts carefully. That's they way to garnering the respect you want.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:53
Regular
Not me - I find the verbal sparrings between Whitestripes and A.N.Other hugely entertaining.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I like Whitestripes.

His arguments, as RM said, are amusing, and he also does the shiny Q dance...
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:58
Regular
Chad Niga wrote:
he goes over the top and calls you every name under
> the sun.

Did he call you Gunther?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.