GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least surprising new story of the day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 5'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Capcom are preparing for the earth-shattering announcment of Resi 5...

Taken from cube-europe.com:

Recent actions by Capcom seems to suggest they are looking down the line of developing this game...

Capcom have bought and registered the domain name www.residentevil5.com, on browsing over to that very address you'll be presented with the ever pleasing 'under construction' page but still, a strong hint that this game is on the way? Those currently playing Resident Evil Zero will certainly be hyped if it is...

That info is scratchy at best, but as a quick question, are most of you guys getting a little bored of Resi? Yes, Resi Zero (from what I've read) seems to be excellent, and the original Resi came into to a great reception, but after installments 2+3 this summer and Resi 4 following soons after, I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I think that's most people's gripe with Resi now. Whilst the graphics and general atmosphere are getting better, the controls have basically remained the same since its debut all those years ago.

I can see why some people get cheesed off with those controls, but I don't really mind them as I've played through them all so am used to the quirky control method. I think they're OK, but everyone has their own opinions.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:54
Regular
I see nothing wrong with the controls, using control style 3 on the remake is perfect.

On Resi 0 there's no Control style 3 because you need the C Stick to control the other character and the the R button for aiming. I use the normal control style and yet again I'm having no problems with it.

I could understand people being annoyed if it forced you to use the D Pad.
Mon 10/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Makes no difference to me. I won't be purchasing it.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:14
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> *snarls in rage*
>
> Resident Evil is rubbish. Any easily-led automotan nincompoops can go
> to hell if they don't agree with that.

Wow, I can see you like to keep an open mind. If you weren't so busy dribbling down your shirt and trying to get to grips with going to the toilet by yourself; you might just stop for a second and consider the fact that many people happen to like the Resident Evil games, and I don't doubt for a second that a large proportion of them are far more intelligent and independant than you.

Anyway, I'm happy, I love the Resident Evil games and I think the control system is perfect.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
> *snarls in rage*
>
> Resident Evil is rubbish. Any easily-led automotan nincompoops can
> go
> to hell if they don't agree with that.
>
> Wow, I can see you like to keep an open mind. If you weren't so busy
> dribbling down your shirt and trying to get to grips with going to the
> toilet by yourself; you might just stop for a second and consider the
> fact that many people happen to like the Resident Evil games, and I
> don't doubt for a second that a large proportion of them are far more
> intelligent and independant than you.
>
>
>
> Anyway, I'm happy, I love the Resident Evil games and I think the
> control system is perfect.

It's my opinion, dullard. I have kept an open mind by buying the first re-make on the GC and it wasn't a pleasurable experience.
Many people bought the Girls Aloud single - does that mean I'm going to? NO. Loads of people buy PS2's. Does that mean I'm going to? NO.

As far as intelligence and independance goes, I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:29
Regular
You appear to have misinterpreted my post, for the most part.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
In what way?

You've accused me of not having an open mind. I have by buying the first instalment. I didn't like it. I read that none of the control issues of the first instalment had been rectified, namely the controls, which I despise. It would be easy for Capcom to introduce an Eternal Darkness type control system but they decided not to. If you like the game, go ahead and enjoy it. Just don't expect others who hate it to agree with you, or to agree with the majority of people who like it.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:37
Regular
I was targeting your statement that everyone who buys the next Resident Evil games is an ill-informed idiot who is easily led into buying another 'milked' franchise, and therefore are sheep.

Which is complete rubbish, and you only look a bigger moron for saying so.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
You're assuming too much here. I quite clearly stated that I think the original Resident Evil was rubbish and any people who disagree with that sentiment can go to hell.

I made no reference to future Resident Evil games and if you looked down the post, you will see that I will buy RE 4 if they change the control system.

So you can stick you wild insinuations and assumptions where the sun doesn't shine. If you had a whit of valid reasoning to back up your point I might agree with you. But you've paraphrased what I said to your own ends which is pathetic and childish.
Mon 10/03/03 at 16:52
Regular
> Unbeliever wrote:
> *snarls in rage*
>
> Resident Evil is rubbish. Any EASILY-LED AUTOMATAN NINCOMPOOPS can
> go
> to hell IF THEY DON’T AGREE WITH THAT.
>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.