GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least surprising new story of the day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 5'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Capcom are preparing for the earth-shattering announcment of Resi 5...

Taken from cube-europe.com:

Recent actions by Capcom seems to suggest they are looking down the line of developing this game...

Capcom have bought and registered the domain name www.residentevil5.com, on browsing over to that very address you'll be presented with the ever pleasing 'under construction' page but still, a strong hint that this game is on the way? Those currently playing Resident Evil Zero will certainly be hyped if it is...

That info is scratchy at best, but as a quick question, are most of you guys getting a little bored of Resi? Yes, Resi Zero (from what I've read) seems to be excellent, and the original Resi came into to a great reception, but after installments 2+3 this summer and Resi 4 following soons after, I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:25
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
*snarls in rage*

Resident Evil is rubbish. Any easily-led automotan nincompoops can go to hell if they don't agree with that.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:26
"Darkness, always"
Possibly, but you can pick up an older console and play essentially the same game for about the same price as the Ninty version itself...
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
cookie monster wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> I can't see how anyone can justify Resident Evil 1 as an exclusive
> title, considering that it's essentially a re-release, regardless of
> whatever they've done to pretty up the graphics.
>
> Perhaps, but is any other format recieving this tarted up version? No.
> Therefore its exclusive.

No it's not. That's utter codswallop. It's exclusive if it hasn't appeared on any other format. Since it's appeared on the PS1, it's not exclusive.

The graphics have nothing to do with it - it's the same game, albeit better looking.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:19
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Possibly, but you can pick up an older console and play essentially
> the same game for about the same price as the Ninty version itself...

It's not just a graphical tart up and a few new areas that have been added. Almost all the puzzels have been changed, the majority of the mansions lay out has been changed.

You'd be forgiven for thinking it was an entirely different game.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Unbeliever wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> I can't see how anyone can justify Resident Evil 1 as an exclusive
> title, considering that it's essentially a re-release, regardless of
> whatever they've done to pretty up the graphics.
>
> Perhaps, but is any other format recieving this tarted up version?
> No.
> Therefore its exclusive.
>
> No it's not. That's utter codswallop. It's exclusive if it hasn't
> appeared on any other format. Since it's appeared on the PS1, it's not
> exclusive.
>
> The graphics have nothing to do with it - it's the same game, albeit
> better looking.

The Gamecube Resident Evil remake is not just a mere "repackaged or tarted up" version. It has loads of new rooms, puzzles and whole new sections to contend with.
I think people who believe the remkae is exactly like the old PSone version obviously haven't played it enough.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Damn you Tiltawhirl for getting in there to defend the Resi remake ahead of me :)

The doubters should play through both versions, then I think they'll have a different opinion.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
"The doubter" has played both versions and I can say I was sick to the core after playing the "re-make".

I hated it. More than anything, it was the control system that had me disappointed - and I tried using different configurations but they didn't help.

Hopefully they'll change the controls for RE4. If not, I won't buy any of them again. I made one mistake, i'm not about to make it again.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
So if you've played through the original version already, how can you hate the control method of the new game. Surely you knew the controls would be the same, so if you hate those controls so much then why bother getting the remake?
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I didn't know that the controls would be the same - that's the thing. It seemed perfectly respectable on the PS1 when I played it but I was astounded that they didn't change the control system for the re-make. Then I was disgusted. Anyway, I made a mistake that won't be repeated again.
Mon 10/03/03 at 14:48
Regular
I'm sure Capcom shares are plummeting as a result...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.