GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least surprising new story of the day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 5'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Capcom are preparing for the earth-shattering announcment of Resi 5...

Taken from cube-europe.com:

Recent actions by Capcom seems to suggest they are looking down the line of developing this game...

Capcom have bought and registered the domain name www.residentevil5.com, on browsing over to that very address you'll be presented with the ever pleasing 'under construction' page but still, a strong hint that this game is on the way? Those currently playing Resident Evil Zero will certainly be hyped if it is...

That info is scratchy at best, but as a quick question, are most of you guys getting a little bored of Resi? Yes, Resi Zero (from what I've read) seems to be excellent, and the original Resi came into to a great reception, but after installments 2+3 this summer and Resi 4 following soons after, I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Capcom are preparing for the earth-shattering announcment of Resi 5...

Taken from cube-europe.com:

Recent actions by Capcom seems to suggest they are looking down the line of developing this game...

Capcom have bought and registered the domain name www.residentevil5.com, on browsing over to that very address you'll be presented with the ever pleasing 'under construction' page but still, a strong hint that this game is on the way? Those currently playing Resident Evil Zero will certainly be hyped if it is...

That info is scratchy at best, but as a quick question, are most of you guys getting a little bored of Resi? Yes, Resi Zero (from what I've read) seems to be excellent, and the original Resi came into to a great reception, but after installments 2+3 this summer and Resi 4 following soons after, I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:01
Regular
Resi 4 will play very differently to all the other games and I should think 5 would use a smiliar game engine, so no I doubt i'll be bored of them.

I doubt we can expect 5 to appear on the scence till late 2004 - early 2005 anyway, by then me thinks i'll be more than ready to pop some more Zombies heads with my shotgun.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
RM18 wrote:
I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...

Oh dear :P

Still the Resi exclusives have persuaded some of my PS2 owning friends to buy a Cube so that's good.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Great, another Resident Evil game. That's all we need. I'll consider buying R.E. 4 because Capcom are changing the control system. Until then, I'll avoid them like the plague.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:13
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
>
> Oh dear :P

:D
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:14
"Darkness, always"
While I hate the Resi series with a passion that could melt stone at the touch, I think that the presence of the series on the Cube is a good thing for the overall userbase.

Not that I care, I'm just pointing it out.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:16
Regular
However, even if Resident Evil 5 is in the works, chances are it wont be GameCube exclusive. After all, wasn't the deal between Nintendo and Capcom to have 6 exclusive releases:

• Resident Evil Zero
   • Resident Evil
   • Resident Evil 2
   • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
   • Resident Evil 4

Mon 10/03/03 at 13:17
Regular
It would be interesting to see how many PS2 owners felt compelled to buy a GC simply because of Resi being GC-exclusive. I'd wager not that many - though if I only had a PS2 and the new MGS was GC exclusive, that might tempt me.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:21
"Darkness, always"
I can't see how anyone can justify Resident Evil 1 as an exclusive title, considering that it's essentially a re-release, regardless of whatever they've done to pretty up the graphics.
Mon 10/03/03 at 13:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I can't see how anyone can justify Resident Evil 1 as an exclusive
> title, considering that it's essentially a re-release, regardless of
> whatever they've done to pretty up the graphics.

Perhaps, but is any other format recieving this tarted up version? No. Therefore its exclusive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.