GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Least surprising new story of the day..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 5'.
Mon 10/03/03 at 12:57
Regular
Capcom are preparing for the earth-shattering announcment of Resi 5...

Taken from cube-europe.com:

Recent actions by Capcom seems to suggest they are looking down the line of developing this game...

Capcom have bought and registered the domain name www.residentevil5.com, on browsing over to that very address you'll be presented with the ever pleasing 'under construction' page but still, a strong hint that this game is on the way? Those currently playing Resident Evil Zero will certainly be hyped if it is...

That info is scratchy at best, but as a quick question, are most of you guys getting a little bored of Resi? Yes, Resi Zero (from what I've read) seems to be excellent, and the original Resi came into to a great reception, but after installments 2+3 this summer and Resi 4 following soons after, I think I'll be feeling a little Resi-stant of them...
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
I am well aware of what 6 games they announced.
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> (why Code Veronica
> didn't get a number is as mystery to me).

Ahaha! cf: what we were talking about before.

> As for Resident Evil 5 being exclusive it will be, after all there
> hasn't been a deal for 6 games or whatever... they announced 6 games
> at the time. Capcom have pointed out the main Resident Evil adventure
> games are exclusive to Nintendo's home console mainly due to the lack
> of direct survival-horror competition on the system.

Six games...zero, remake, 2, 3, code veronica, 4....
Mon 10/03/03 at 22:49
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I was going to post this news a while ago....but then didn't come on here. So...

I am also SERIOUSLY thinking about purchasing the residentevil6.com domain name.
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh yeah I'll be buying ALL the Resi games
Ha. As if.
so very rubbish...
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:25
Regular
Nope I'm in Whitestripes corner... I'm not going to hell because you don't like Resident Evil. You don't like it, it doesn't mean I don't like it. If you've played both the 1996 original and 2002 re-make and say their essential the same then you are essentially a fool.

The only similarity is the bulk layout (the mansion meanwhile is 50% larger), and the storyline. They wanted to port the original Resi's over so we get the full picture. Resident Evil: remake is a different game with the same storyline. It has variations in control and even the storyline is different regarding Lisa and George Trevor.

Anyone that insists that Resi: remake is the same is very wrong... I have both games, the original on the PC and I played both to the end and for me they were both different.

As for Resident Evil: 5 they may be buying the domain name simply to make sure no one else does... sony have bought up to Playstation 15 or something. Alternativly Resident Evil: 4 could well be Resident Evil 5 considering it is the fifth game in the series (why Code Veronica didn't get a number is as mystery to me).

As for Resident Evil 5 being exclusive it will be, after all there hasn't been a deal for 6 games or whatever... they announced 6 games at the time. Capcom have pointed out the main Resident Evil adventure games are exclusive to Nintendo's home console mainly due to the lack of direct survival-horror competition on the system.
Mon 10/03/03 at 18:05
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Whitestripes wrote:
> To be fair, you shouldn't use phrases like that if you expect me, and
> a lot of other people, to take you seriously. To people who have had
> little contact with you, you looked like a gibbering fanboy type.
>
> If your ability to make an intelligent critiscm deteriorates when it's
> something you feel strongly about it, I would be rather worried.

I'd use the same phrase for any game that promised a lot but failed to meet up to my expectations. Fanboyism? Everyone is a fanboy albeit some more than others. I've noticed you saying that Skies of Arcadia is the best game ever but I haven't called you down for it, even though I might disagree with that statement. And yes, I do own the game for my beloved DC. As I stated before, more than once, my criticism of RE was the controls which added a lethargy to the game that I felt should have been rectified in the re-make. So I was contributing intelligent criticism but you picked out one phrase I made and tried to ridicule me for it.

Now, I'm going to go home now. If you still want to argue the point, I'll try to use my sister's PC tonight later to check what you write. I've followed a number of your posts before but I've never jumped in and criticised anything you've said. Indeed, I stay away from posts such as "Who doesn't like Whitestripes?" etc. etc. because that's not my style. If you want me to pick up every foolish or unsubstantiated thing you've said then by all means, I will. But, I'll reserve judgement because the majority of your posts look reasonable and lucid.

Speak you later on or, failing that, tomorrow.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:52
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:

>
> Not sparse at all. I've played both versions and I wanted to be
> vociferous in my criticism of Resident Evil. The fact that I made such
> a controversial statement only serves to reinforce how bitter i felt
> about the game. If you don't agree with that statement, then fine.
> Just don't accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about when i've
> had over 15 years of gaming experience over a large number of
> consoles. Therefore I'd say I'm justified in my opinion. I bought the
> game on day one and was looking forward to it. When I played it, I was
> more than disheartened about it.

To be fair, you shouldn't use phrases like that if you expect me, and a lot of other people, to take you seriously. To people who have had little contact with you, you looked like a gibbering fanboy type.

If your ability to make an intelligent critiscm deteriorates when it's something you feel strongly about it, I would be rather worried.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I'll stand by Unbeliever here. His posts cover a superbly wide
> vocabulary.
>
> Which reminds me... word of the week...
>
> it'll have to wait for tomorrow now.

Cheers, IB.

:D

Yep, I eagerly await the next instalment of "word of the week". You should have a prize going to the best use of all the words of the week in one sentence every month!
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Unbeliever wrote:
>
>
> And you talking about me "dribbling down my shirt and trying to
> get to grips with going to the toilet by myself" because you
> don't agree with my opinion says exactly the same thing to me.
>
>
> No, it was an insult aimed at your seemingly sparse intelligence, as I
> would expect anyone who comes out with phrases like 'you can go to
> hell if you don't share exactly the same viewpoint as me' to have.

Not sparse at all. I've played both versions and I wanted to be vociferous in my criticism of Resident Evil. The fact that I made such a controversial statement only serves to reinforce how bitter i felt about the game. If you don't agree with that statement, then fine. Just don't accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about when i've had over 15 years of gaming experience over a large number of consoles. Therefore I'd say I'm justified in my opinion. I bought the game on day one and was looking forward to it. When I played it, I was more than disheartened about it.
Mon 10/03/03 at 17:31
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:

>
> And you talking about me "dribbling down my shirt and trying to
> get to grips with going to the toilet by myself" because you
> don't agree with my opinion says exactly the same thing to me.

No, it was an insult aimed at your seemingly sparse intelligence, as I would expect anyone who comes out with phrases like 'you can go to hell if you don't share exactly the same viewpoint as me' to have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.