GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony should make CD players and let Nintendo do gaming!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/12/01 at 18:11
Regular
Go on... please! You know you want to.
Thu 27/12/01 at 22:16
Regular
a monk named frank wrote:

No, as i said, the genesis and megadrive are not the same.
> The game gear had a completely seperate library of games to the megadrive. The
> genesis was a handheld megadrive that only came out in the u.s and in japan.

Gamesradar says:

"Companies like changing names like Famicom in Japan becoming the NES and Genesis becoming Megadrive, Gamecube might not stick."
Thu 27/12/01 at 17:53
Dringo wrote:
> Code: 144 Complete wrote:
> If the game industry was left only with a
> console from Nintendo, not only will
> they be making supernormal profit but
> there are many games that would not see
> daylight in Europe because of the
> fact that they dont really care about europe
> so be careful what you wish
> for.

Nintendo don't acknowlege us with their home consoles as we don't buy
> them if they were the only company around we would so they would acknowlege.

and because japan and the u.s are larger, so Nintendo make more profit from those countries and therefore concentate most of their efforts there. it is also why games are cheaper there... more customers means cheaper prices.
Thu 27/12/01 at 17:48
Dringo wrote:
> a monk named frank wrote:
Yea, the snes outsold the genesis, but im not sure about the megadrive. The genesis and the megadrive are not the same thing. The genesis is a portable sega console that played all megadrive games.

Gensis is what the Megadrive was named in the states the
> console you refered to was the Gamegear. Snes did win in the end during that war

No, as i said, the genesis and megadrive are not the same. The game gear had a completely seperate library of games to the megadrive. The genesis was a handheld megadrive that only came out in the u.s and in japan.
Wed 26/12/01 at 18:00
i do not think sony should only make CD players because now nintendo are changing format to CD themselves on the gamecube, which ive pre ordered. YESSS
Wed 26/12/01 at 17:49
Regular
Code: 144 Complete wrote:
> If the game industry was left only with a console from Nintendo, not only will
> they be making supernormal profit but there are many games that would not see
> daylight in Europe because of the fact that they dont really care about europe
> so be careful what you wish for.

Nintendo don't acknowlege us with their home consoles as we don't buy them if they were the only company around we would so they would acknowlege.
Wed 26/12/01 at 17:47
Regular
a monk named frank wrote:

Yea, the snes outsold
> the genesis, but im not sure about the megadrive. The genesis and the megadrive
> are not the same thing. The genesis is a portable sega console that played all
> megadrive games.

Gensis is what the Megadrive was named in the states the console you refered to was the Gamegear. Snes did win in the end during that war but Sonic was the more popular mascot, not any more though :D

Pikachu is lol!
Wed 26/12/01 at 17:43
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Some flaws with that Dringo:

1) Although the GC sold out in the States, the
> PS2 still had more Xmas sales there!!!

So Nintendo sold well.

2) The Playstation wasn't seen as a
> competitor to the N64, so Ninty just waved it off.... and that really pulled off
> well!

They survived as opposed to what company was that sorry i forget :D

3) You give no reason why The GC will outsell MS... that just seems
> like a random comment. Let's supose the GC has better games in the long term...
> most casual gamers won't know this! In fact, most of them haven't heard of the
> GC because there has been no advertising! And advertising sells more consoles
> than games (sad, but true!)

YOu don't seem to realize the ammount of money Nintendo are making they pratically gave millions away several weeks back to help young developers, Nintendo are rolling in money not as much as lets say Sony or Microsoft but they have no need to beat them, if there console's make a profit which they do then they'll continue to make games for them and that is all that matter, as for advertising Microsoft did advertise more but Nintendo advertised damn well as well they did advertise cube clubs a stroke of genius ok not on microsofts scale but Microsoft only has the x-box if there console department collapses they are pretty buggered (it probably won't) but if teh x-box fails it has nothing else...

Nintendo if there Gamecube fails they have the GBA to fall back on so their need to make sure Gamecube succeeds is less important. Anyway it seems to me as if Nintendo will do better this time than they did last and they made more profit out of the N64 than they did the SNES.

Donic.
Wed 26/12/01 at 11:40
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> ßër§ëkër wrote:
> That's why Sony is killing the
> Gamecube right now. Nintendo just can't compete
> with the PS2. Nintendo
> could barely compete with the Genesis and your exspecting
> it to compete
> with the PS2? No way.

errrrrr.... The SNES coutsold the "genesis"
> (Megadrive!!!!), worldwide by a huge amount!

Sonic

Yea, the snes outsold the genesis, but im not sure about the megadrive. The genesis and the megadrive are not the same thing. The genesis is a portable sega console that played all megadrive games.
Wed 26/12/01 at 10:43
Regular
If the game industry was left only with a console from Nintendo, not only will they be making supernormal profit but there are many games that would not see daylight in Europe because of the fact that they dont really care about europe so be careful what you wish for.
Wed 26/12/01 at 01:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hmmmmm.... turkey fever eh... sounds suspect to me!

POWER TO THE HODGEHEG

POWER TO THE HODGEHEG

POWER TO THE HODGEHEG

POWER TO THE HODGEHEG

POWER TO THE HODGEHEG

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.