GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi (First one, not Zero) Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Tue 11/03/03 at 22:57
Regular
Riiight.

I'm actually getting into it a bit more now, but I'm pretty sure I suck at the game.
I think it's set to the easiest difficulty...

Anyway:
I have the key-shape thing from the dog's collar (after getting mauled by it). Presumably the next step is to use it to get the next key. Or you can make it usable...
Can't figure out what to do now. Help?

Also:
1. Can I just shoot straight for a zombie's head to kill it with 1 shot? From what I can tell you only get a choice of aiming straight forward, at your feet or way into the air, with no in between.

2. When a zombie grabs me, will mashing the pad like a chimp get it off me any quicker? And if so, how should I be mashing it?

Cheers
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:45
Regular
First time I played Resi through I didn't realise you had to burn the Zombies after killing them, I couldn't go anywhere without being chased by a stupid Crimson head.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:37
Regular
He was gone.

Stupidly, I went to look for him. And found him.

Luckily, I got away without taking damage. Don't like the look of that guy.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:37
Regular
Oh of course! It's the pedestal trap one.

It's a good'un that one.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:36
Regular
That my friend is called a Crimson Head zombie, when you kill normal Zombies they come back after about an hour as one of them. They run around and have big claws, scary muther funkers they be.

Best way to avoid them is when you shoot normal zombies, burn them afterwards. You'll need the lighter and kerosene to do this though, which may not be an option at the moment.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:34
Regular
Damn. Looks like I have to go back through that way...
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:33
Regular
Just tried that :^)

Is it just me, or did the zombie just before seem to get up a hell of a lot faster than most?
Didn't stick around to see what'd happen, but if I'd not been running I could have been in trouble...
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:30
Regular
Oh and the corridor you're looking for is on the 2nd floor, it's up the stairs where all the crows are sitting on the light fitting and then straight forward through the door.

If that doesn't help then ummmmm just keep searching you'll eventually find it.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:27
Regular
I find smashing the buttons and moving the stick fast does get them off quicker, otherwise they take a hell of a lot more energy off you.

Oh and the key thing, you need to a narrow corridor in the mansion, there should be loads of Knight statues lining the walls. Walk along and you'll come to a pillar with a key on it, take the key and replace it with the one you got from the dogs collar and voila the booby trap thing won't kill you and you now have a brand spanking new key.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:11
Regular
Really?

In that case I don't remember.
Tue 11/03/03 at 23:08
Regular
It tells me it's too fragile to actually work as a key. Like something else needs doing...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.