GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erm. Trouble. With h/d's and stuff. Help please..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
This can only be probably sorted out by tech heads but if you know how could you please help.

Well the problem is. That I had to re-install windows. (98) Because everything had gone corrupt. So. I re-installed it. Using the floppy and after a lot of trouble I finally got it working.

But the problem now is that my Hard Disk has split into 2. C: and the host for C: which is H:.

Fine. But, I only have 4GB. So they are both around 2GB each. I really want them to go back to being one drive C: like it was before the install.

I distinctly remember an option saying something about if I wanted my h/d to split or not and I chose no. But it still split.

What the question is, can I put the drives back into being 1 without re-installing windows?

Any Help could you please post it in here.

It will be greatly appreciated

GasMask
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
This can only be probably sorted out by tech heads but if you know how could you please help.

Well the problem is. That I had to re-install windows. (98) Because everything had gone corrupt. So. I re-installed it. Using the floppy and after a lot of trouble I finally got it working.

But the problem now is that my Hard Disk has split into 2. C: and the host for C: which is H:.

Fine. But, I only have 4GB. So they are both around 2GB each. I really want them to go back to being one drive C: like it was before the install.

I distinctly remember an option saying something about if I wanted my h/d to split or not and I chose no. But it still split.

What the question is, can I put the drives back into being 1 without re-installing windows?

Any Help could you please post it in here.

It will be greatly appreciated

GasMask
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:37
Regular
"How Handy."
AFAIK, it can't be done without reinstalling windows.
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Damn. Ah well. I will just have to wait until it corrupts again. Thanks for your help Style.
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:47
Regular
"How Handy."
Heh, no probs, with Windows you should have about 12 mins until it corrupts again...
Sun 23/12/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
12 Mins?! Oh crap :-D

Its been pretty good actually. No error messages at start up since re-install for about 2 months now. Must be some sort of record :o)

Or my Pc is just so scared of me, because I hit it you see :o) And With pc's being so clever, it should be able to feel pain.

Knowing my luck, its probably plotting my death as I write this to you :-D
Sun 23/12/01 at 23:10
Hehe, you might want to look into Partition Magic.. it might be able to do the job. Technically costs money but you can get downloads and serials off Kazaa / Morpheus etc.
Mon 24/12/01 at 01:15
Regular
"How Handy."
Bah, I hit mine all the time and its only tried to kill me a few times...
Mon 24/12/01 at 01:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I have a better suggestion for that 2 gig drive.....

Anyway. Next time you re-install, use fdisk and make sure you enable large drive support (yes, > 2gig is "large")
Fri 28/12/01 at 13:19
fistly make sure that your 1st partition is Fat32 not Fat as fat only has the ability to create a 2 gb max partition, and partition magic is a really good program to use, it is able to change the file allocation table (FAT) from Fat to fat 32, also to resize partition's, which means you will not lose any data when resizing or buy a new larger hard drive and get win xp?

C.b.
Fri 28/12/01 at 16:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Do you honestly think he can run WinXP on 4 gigs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.