GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Erm. Trouble. With h/d's and stuff. Help please..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
This can only be probably sorted out by tech heads but if you know how could you please help.

Well the problem is. That I had to re-install windows. (98) Because everything had gone corrupt. So. I re-installed it. Using the floppy and after a lot of trouble I finally got it working.

But the problem now is that my Hard Disk has split into 2. C: and the host for C: which is H:.

Fine. But, I only have 4GB. So they are both around 2GB each. I really want them to go back to being one drive C: like it was before the install.

I distinctly remember an option saying something about if I wanted my h/d to split or not and I chose no. But it still split.

What the question is, can I put the drives back into being 1 without re-installing windows?

Any Help could you please post it in here.

It will be greatly appreciated

GasMask
Sun 06/01/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm still waiting for Debian to use a gig. It'll be very interesting when it does, especially seeing as I'm pretty much /constantly/ downloading new stuff.
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:53
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Oh, and I'm Insomnia..

Oi, SR, /please/ implement a "log out" button..
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Do you honestly think he can run WinXP on 4 gigs?

A fresh install of WinXP Professional ate up 4.5gig of a 10gig partition. Pretty damn good compression for a 400mb .iso, actually..
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:38
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Don't you think I haven't tried that already? Silly Silly TBN :)
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, you never know...
Sun 06/01/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Turbonutter wrote:
> I recommend starting with C:\windows...

Heh, like Windows will let me even delete that :o)
Tue 01/01/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I recommend starting with C:\windows...
Tue 01/01/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Turbonutter wrote:
> It's perception of what it's worth to you, but in my eyes, £30 for
> something he doesn't really need and won't really solve the problem isn't cheap.
> It's not expensive, but it's not cheap.

Its, middley.

:o)

Well, cheers for the help guys. I will just leave it and when I run out of space... I will, Umm. Delete something..
Tue 01/01/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It's perception of what it's worth to you, but in my eyes, £30 for something he doesn't really need and won't really solve the problem isn't cheap. It's not expensive, but it's not cheap.
Tue 01/01/02 at 16:56
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Oh, and about things being "cheap" - I know its all to do with apparent value for money and personal priorities and all that. £35 for a PS2 game is what I'd call expensive, and £199 for the box is *way* out of my spending in the first place. But then I just paid £250 to get the car serviced. Hmmm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.