GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" What price do you put on joy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/12/01 at 20:51
Regular
Video games. Funny things ain't they. They are played all across the globe and bring joy to men, women and children of all ages, beliefs and social standings. But what price can you put on this joy. £10. £50. £100!!! After all, you're only getting a small disk/catridge for your dosh aren't you. People often moan at the high prices of the latest releases. But do we really pay to much for our games? In my opinion, no, not at all. £50 may seem a little costly but think about it. How long has it taken to develop that game, to create that game. The effort put in by Programmers, Artists and god knows who else is unprecedented. Even simple, or just plain crap games can take months to complete. I'm thinking on my feet when writing this topic so I'm not sure where I want to take it. All I know is, this idea could have a lot of potential, so please, expand on this framework.
Sun 23/12/01 at 20:51
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Video games. Funny things ain't they. They are played all across the globe and bring joy to men, women and children of all ages, beliefs and social standings. But what price can you put on this joy. £10. £50. £100!!! After all, you're only getting a small disk/catridge for your dosh aren't you. People often moan at the high prices of the latest releases. But do we really pay to much for our games? In my opinion, no, not at all. £50 may seem a little costly but think about it. How long has it taken to develop that game, to create that game. The effort put in by Programmers, Artists and god knows who else is unprecedented. Even simple, or just plain crap games can take months to complete. I'm thinking on my feet when writing this topic so I'm not sure where I want to take it. All I know is, this idea could have a lot of potential, so please, expand on this framework.
Sun 23/12/01 at 20:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yeah, just imagine MGS2:SOL being sold for a fiver (CD,Case,Printing etc..) The producers would go bankrupt!!!!!

uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Video games. Funny things ain't they. They are played all across the globe and
> bring joy to men, women and children of all ages, beliefs and social standings.
> But what price can you put on this joy. £10. £50. £100!!!
> After all, you're only getting a small disk/catridge for your dosh aren't you.
> People often moan at the high prices of the latest releases. But do we really
> pay to much for our games? In my opinion, no, not at all. £50 may seem a
> little costly but think about it. How long has it taken to develop that game, to
> create that game. The effort put in by Programmers, Artists and god knows who
> else is unprecedented. Even simple, or just plain crap games can take months to
> complete. I'm thinking on my feet when writing this topic so I'm not sure where
> I want to take it. All I know is, this idea could have a lot of potential, so
> please, expand on this framework.
Sun 23/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
It's worth it to keep our industry alive:)
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:03
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Is it normally this quiet on a Sunday? Or is it 'cos it's Christmas?
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
Its cos its Christmas. I ave just had 'company' and I was wishing they would go, it was so boring. As written in my other topic, I am excitedly awaiting opening my two new GBA games, Warioland 4 and Golden Sun.

uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Is it normally this quiet on a Sunday? Or is it 'cos it's Christmas?
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:49
Regular
I hate it when my mum says were having 'company'
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:55
"Uzi Lover"
I hate it when people don't use paragraphs........
Sun 23/12/01 at 21:56
I'll have to agree I think that the companies work hard to give use quality games and I think that they charge us fair.
Sun 23/12/01 at 22:05
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
It probably cost these programmers millions to develop a good game, so they have to charge this much to get their money back.

Some people say that paying £40 pounds for a piece of plastic (CD or Cartridge) is too much, but I couldn't dissagree more. You're not paying for the actual item, its whats on it that you're paying for.
Sun 23/12/01 at 22:07
Regular
Price on joy? Bout 50 quid, but she doesn't do Sunday's, so no joy for me today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.