GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's gettin an Xbox?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/12/01 at 21:45
Regular
I havn't been on these forums in a while and it seams newbies have taken over, but that's no bad thing.

Anyway, who is getting an xbox?

I hope many of you are, because in my view it looks like it will be the greatest of all the next gen machines.

I've started saving already, and got over £200 so far. Not bad seeing as i've got another 3 months to get the rest. I can't wait to play Halo and Project Gotham racing. If I've got the cash I might also get either Munch, DOA3 or Amped, I havn't made my mind up.

Tell me what you are getting please, and if you have already pre-ordered.
Thu 24/01/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Pre-Ordered one with extra controller, DOA3 and Abe.
Thu 24/01/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its also a launch title in Japan. I think we will get Jet Set Radio at launch, as SR mentioned about it a month or so ago, and other magazines and websites have it down for a launch release.

Actually I dont really mind if it isnt a launch title as If I do get the 4 games then having Jet Set Radio coming out a month after the launch would be good.
Thu 24/01/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Yeah, Jet Set Radio Future is out on February 14th in the States. I hope it makes the launch too...

Can't see why it wouldn't, but the whole UK/US thing makes me a tiny bit sceptical.
Thu 24/01/02 at 09:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bleeders wrote:
> I may have to give Buffy a rent perhaps if and when it becomes available in my
> local Blockbuster.

It should be out by launch. The US release is 5/6th March. I hope it is a launch title aswell as Jet Set Radio Future.
Thu 24/01/02 at 09:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I may have to give Buffy a rent perhaps if and when it becomes available in my local Blockbuster.
Thu 24/01/02 at 08:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bleeders wrote:
"Best Launch Ever!"

I will second that. Buffy does look good, I saw a clip of it and looks really good to play. Ok it may not be a ground breaking title like Halo. But Iam a big fan of Buffy so I would buy the game even if it gets average marks.

Also Wreckless looks like a pretty good game. Amped looks good, my mate is getting that and Halo.
Thu 24/01/02 at 08:31
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Bobdefish wrote:
> Xbox is great, but everyone's goign to have a hard time choosing between launch
> titles.

As long as you have Halo, Jet set radio future and wreckless you will
> be very happy, with DOA3 and others in reserve.

Good call!! I didn't actually think Jet Set Radio Future was a launch title, some have said it is, some have said it isn't, everywhere I look though, except here at SR, everyone has it on their release schedule.

Ah well, no loss if doesn't come out, I'll have Halo and Dead or Alive 3.

Such a shame eh? ;)
Thu 24/01/02 at 08:30
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Good one Adrian! I looked at Buffy too, whilst I love the show (along with Angel ;) I'm a little sceptical about it at the moment.

Haven't pre-ordered yet though, since the missus works in Woolies and they've not had the bar-code or something in yet for a pre-order, but I have to say, in the words of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons:

"Best Launch Ever!"
Thu 24/01/02 at 07:47
I've pre-ordered my XBOX with an extra controler and Halo. HALO is gonna be a must have for all XBOX owners
Wed 23/01/02 at 21:30
Xbox is great, but everyone's goign to have a hard time choosing between launch titles.

As long as you have Halo, Jet set radio future and wreckless you will be very happy, with DOA3 and others in reserve.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.