GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Want!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/10/11 at 12:47
Regular
So once again were on the run up to Christmas. Adverts on the TV advertising toy's couldn't come soon enough. Not only are we having to deal with Halloween stuff in the shops and the fireworks going off already. Were having to deal with the kid's running up to the TV constantly repeating 'I want, I want' No hang on a minute kid's you wanted nothing a few weeks back! All of a sudden I am bombarded with lists. Now don't get me wrong I like Christmas. Its a time when I really know how ungrateful my children are. Now it just reminds me of when I was a kid. You know I still never got my Mr Frosty. You wouldn't believe just how disappointed I was. Now its all about the latest console or mobile phone. Now we all know about the latest toys and stuff that is out now.

If you were to be a kid again, what would you ask Santa for?

Is there something you didn't get as a child that you always wanted, or is there something that you had as a child that you would love to get again?
Fri 14/10/11 at 11:42
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
I always wanted an AT AT Walker. Still, I have my millenium falcon, even if the red bullets and satellite are missing from it...

Do you still have the chess table? We have an AT AT and the two legged one. Oh and a Vietnam Fighter.
Fri 14/10/11 at 11:42
"possibly impossible"
Oh to have all my old Star Wars toys again, ATATs, ATSTs. Battle Damaged X-wings. Joy!

That said, I'm quite impressed by some of the designs on the new characters, they're very detailed. I have Darth Vader, R2D2 and C3PO, Luke in his black ROTJ suit is harder to find though and Han Solo in the waitcoat, as opposed to the Hoth suit that all the shops have.

@DL - thanks, nothing from that first batch I really need though.
Fri 14/10/11 at 12:18
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have a Star Wars chess set, but it's not very old. Think I might have got it around 2000
Fri 14/10/11 at 12:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
I don't suppose you have any Star Wars figures do you? :) That's all we have left from our childhood.

Will add it to the list for next attic mission, but there are Walkers I know of. Also Thunderbirds, Thunder Cats, Captain Scarlet, Action Man/Men, Manta Force and a few other series I forget at the moment :¬)
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:02
"possibly impossible"
Star Wars for the win! I'll pay good money for those toys!
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:03
"possibly impossible"
Sonic Chris wrote:
I have a Star Wars chess set, but it's not very old. Think I might have got it around 2000

I think Machie means the tiny table in the Falcon with the chess game on. It was in the toy.
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:07
Regular
SC, pb was right, it came with a little 3D chess table :) Though I'm surprised you had a Star Wars chess set. That's even cooler!

DL I'll take the lot! I wanna see more pictures! Unfortunately I can't pay you in real money, but I can give you points in my new game.

By the way do you have any flat pack Swedish furniture? I collect everything.
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
DL I'll take the lot! I wanna see more pictures! Unfortunately I can't pay you in real money, but I can give you points in my new game.

Will do some more pictures for you over the week-end Machie - at least the attic is looking more organised after a recent clear-out.

We should have some Billy bookcases/shelf units somewhere and a cot ... but that has been taken ... daughter-in-law is with child :¬) So I'll be Grandpa DL soon :¬D
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:52
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
SC, pb was right, it came with a little 3D chess table :) Though I'm surprised you had a Star Wars chess set. That's even cooler!

Save some for me Machie!
Fri 14/10/11 at 15:04
Regular
Wow congratulations DL. :) It must be wonderful to be retired (damn arent they planning to raise the age of retirement to 67 in the near future?) and have grandchildren on the way. My parents-in-law have been waiting a very long time for their first.

Sorry pb but he seems to have everything from my past. All I need now is a Gordon the Gopher hand puppet and then I can relive my childhood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.