GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Want!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/10/11 at 12:47
Regular
So once again were on the run up to Christmas. Adverts on the TV advertising toy's couldn't come soon enough. Not only are we having to deal with Halloween stuff in the shops and the fireworks going off already. Were having to deal with the kid's running up to the TV constantly repeating 'I want, I want' No hang on a minute kid's you wanted nothing a few weeks back! All of a sudden I am bombarded with lists. Now don't get me wrong I like Christmas. Its a time when I really know how ungrateful my children are. Now it just reminds me of when I was a kid. You know I still never got my Mr Frosty. You wouldn't believe just how disappointed I was. Now its all about the latest console or mobile phone. Now we all know about the latest toys and stuff that is out now.

If you were to be a kid again, what would you ask Santa for?

Is there something you didn't get as a child that you always wanted, or is there something that you had as a child that you would love to get again?
Sun 16/10/11 at 18:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
But at a price!!!!

reserve.co.uk for sale at £9850

Bet they're queuing round the block as we speak :¬)
Sun 16/10/11 at 17:26
"Are you sure?"
Nice pics DL! :¬)

As previously posted, my (for son!) first EVER mp3 play was a NAPA device bought from Freeola/SR.

I see Freeola still own reserve.co.uk (currently up for sale) - BUT it's unreachable using the 'special' sub domain - might be worth setting it up to catch a few passers by?!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 16/10/11 at 13:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Attic forager here ... a somewhat curtailed visit due to other 'duties' today but came across these:

StarCom

and would you believe it ... ah the memories, for the day a 'mega expensive Voodoo 3 PCI graphics card, but look where I bought it from! Yes, the local store in Stapleford :¬)

Voodoo3

Happy days :¬)
Fri 14/10/11 at 19:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
@DL - Congratulations, that should be a great celebration when the little one is born. All the fun, none of the hassle.

Many thanks pb :¬) Exactly ... when you get bored, you can give it back :¬D

Seriously, yes ... great celebrations as the first was miscarried and this seems to be the 'Chosen One'

You've reminded me ... add Action Force and GI Joe to the list ... they're lurking somewhere above my head :¬)
Fri 14/10/11 at 16:30
"possibly impossible"
@DL - Congratulations, that should be a great celebration when the little one is born. All the fun, none of the hassle.
Fri 14/10/11 at 16:28
"possibly impossible"
My main toys were Action Man, Star Wars and then Transformers (the G2 range came out just after I lost interest in toys, so just G1 really).

My favourite soft toy was a Kermit the Frog with sticky velcro arms.

My brother, a little younger than me, had Mask and Action Force (later merged with GI Joe).

Ah, those were the days.

I know so many people who stuck the battle damage stickers on their X-Wing and then regretted it though, including me.
Fri 14/10/11 at 16:11
Regular
Ah not long to go, then you can live happily in your retirement. Like Victor Meldrew :) No wait he hated everything. Okay maybe retire somewhere in Europe. Better start learning those languages.

Do you know which one you're having? I hope you have a barbie or two up in that attic next to all those Action Men.
Fri 14/10/11 at 15:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
You're a star Machie ... and I'll defo sort the pictures for you over the week-end.

My official State retirement age is 65...it now depends on when you were born...but I've still got just under 2 years for ... wait for it (drum rolls) ... the bus pass .............ha ha :¬D

EDIT:

Sorry Machie, didn't finish the reply. TBH I can't wait to have a 'little chum' to indulge and pamper and to share my eccentric ways :¬D I'm also looking forward to pushing a pram again!
Fri 14/10/11 at 15:04
Regular
Wow congratulations DL. :) It must be wonderful to be retired (damn arent they planning to raise the age of retirement to 67 in the near future?) and have grandchildren on the way. My parents-in-law have been waiting a very long time for their first.

Sorry pb but he seems to have everything from my past. All I need now is a Gordon the Gopher hand puppet and then I can relive my childhood.
Fri 14/10/11 at 14:52
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
SC, pb was right, it came with a little 3D chess table :) Though I'm surprised you had a Star Wars chess set. That's even cooler!

DL I'll take the lot! I wanna see more pictures! Unfortunately I can't pay you in real money, but I can give you points in my new game.

By the way do you have any flat pack Swedish furniture? I collect everything.

Save some for me Machie!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.