GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Super Monkey Ball 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball 2'.
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
I'm trying to decide whether I do or not.

The single player is no where near as good as the original, too much luck involved and the developers are trying to be clever. It's more of a puzzle game than a game based on skill...

The party games are technically better (Monkey Soccor rules) but my favourite one Monkey Target has been ruined!

Can you get the classic mode of Monkey Target back?

Oh and how many of you enjoy Monkey Tennis... it's very very very similar to Mario Tennis don't you think.

Just discuss Monkey Ball 2...

Metroid Prime next week WAHOOOO!

Phew what a month.
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:32
Regular
What's the Golf like? I felt it was pretty poor in the original, it was far too hard to get an accurate shot and power, and the levels were pretty dull.

I hope it's been improved..
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Didn't realise until the other day that this was out.
Ordered it as the first was a good laugh and my girlfriend liked it.

Will let you know what I think should hopefully arrive early this week.
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Baseball is actually quite a laugh after a while, once you're both good and know what you're mates gonna do with the bowling then you can have some good games on it!

Soccer rules!

Tennis is excellent in doubles, I've never laughed so much before!

Dogfight is good.

Shoot is crap.

Rowing is crap too.

I completed the single player, the Anthropod one that IB was on about isn't mainly on luck, just timing it. Then you have to get a bit lucky with the bounces.

I completed the single player within a day, some of them are luck but there are quite a few that require a lot of skill and are very well thought out levels.

I like the 3D rotating maze level best, it's so simple once you know how but just so well thought out!

I completed the beginner challenge mode + 10 extra levels too without missing today, first attempt too! Still great fun, I love it!

There are some really well thought out levels though, there are some really clevel ideas out there...
Sun 16/03/03 at 22:03
Regular
I fookin love it, though some of the levsl are stupidly hard.

Multiplayer wise though it rocks my world. EVery single game is absoloute genius, though I haven't unlocked Baseball, Shooty thing or Rowing and they're supposed to be the sucky ones.
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's OK. I rate Sonic Mega collection MUCH higher than it though.
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:02
Regular
Wahooo after so many goes I finally did it.... world 5 :(
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:47
Regular
Any more tips on how to land on the pillar?
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:36
Regular
Ohhh must try that...

*Sticks in game*
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:24
"Uzi Lover"
Dringo wrote:
> No the one I can't do on that world is the bleeding Launchers one. Any
> tips.

When being launched off by one of the launchers go up the side of the big pole thing and hold down. Even when you go off the pole and are in air. Then you need to look on your map and land on the top of that big pole. When you've landed safely go to one of the sides and watch on your map for the goal to come near you and then drop off into it.

Basically you just need to fall on top of the pole then drop into the goal from there. Not hard really.
Sun 16/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I think the single player mode has been screwed. Just spent two hours
> on "Arthropod" (world 4 level 10), and eventually got
> through the level by accidentally hitting one of the ring sides,
> falling off and flukilly falling through the goal.

I just did that... took multiple goes but I did it... what I did was is wait till 43 seconds and then belt across to the goal and fall through it.

No the one I can't do on that world is the bleeding Launchers one. Any tips.

I do like Target I just want more rounds and the option for no split-screen.

Monkey Soccor is great fun as is Tennis... I don't like baseball too much at the moment. And yes Bowling rules but it did before. I love it that billards now includes pool :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.