GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Super Monkey Ball 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball 2'.
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
I'm trying to decide whether I do or not.

The single player is no where near as good as the original, too much luck involved and the developers are trying to be clever. It's more of a puzzle game than a game based on skill...

The party games are technically better (Monkey Soccor rules) but my favourite one Monkey Target has been ruined!

Can you get the classic mode of Monkey Target back?

Oh and how many of you enjoy Monkey Tennis... it's very very very similar to Mario Tennis don't you think.

Just discuss Monkey Ball 2...

Metroid Prime next week WAHOOOO!

Phew what a month.
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I offer my services to help people through hard levels:

~Previous Satisfied Customers~

MWA - "I was stuck on the Toggle level but then phi11ip helped me and now I'm past that level. I can sleep once again."

GO! GO! MATTHEW! - "phi11ip hates me, but still helped me get through my problems on the Obstacle level. I love you phi11ip"
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:28
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yes i like monkey ball two. A much improved version of the first. Alot bigger and better. I dont think they have ruined monkey target. At least now the islands dont split up. Monkey soccer is quite poor aswell as monkey boat race although the main reason for that is the controls, i still need to get use to them. Tennis is good and the other new ones i havent yet played. As for the main game, it is nice to see new additions like swiches, teleportations, and magic spells to enclose themselves inside their plastic ball. "ei- ei- ei -poo!!"
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yey!

Onto World 9 now. And I've completed three of the levels in there. Go me! :-D
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The main game's levels require too much thinking and not enough skill, quite the opposite from the original.

The minigames have been improved with the exception of Monkey Target which has become too hard. And boatrace is just boring.
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm having problems on three of the levels in World 8.

8-4 - Entangled Path
8-6 - Vortex
8-7 - Warp

I know how to do all three, but I just can't seem to complete them. I've been so close to the Goal on Vortex. Very annoyed at how close I was without actually getting in.

ARGH!
Mon 17/03/03 at 23:06
Regular
I'm getting through World 7 at the moment... I like all the mini games except I haven't played Boat and i hate Baseball.
Mon 17/03/03 at 18:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't really like the main game all that much - too much to do with luck rather than skill or judgement, so the fun ends up leaving pretty fast. For me the strength of this game is in the mini games - simple but addictive little games and anyone can pick up a controller and play them as the controls are far from complicated.
Definatly makes a good strong point when you're in the position of having a gf you're trying to get back into gaming. ;-))
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ooh, and I'm now on World 8 in the Story Mode. And I'm having a lot of trouble. The out of 10 ratings never go below 8 in World 8, which is evil. :-D

Unlocked all Mini-Games but Monkey Shot now, and I don't really care about that one. I'll get it soon, though.
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
cacodemon wrote:
> I hate super monkey ball. It's totally and utterly rubbish.

---

Have you actually ever played it?

Do you actually know what it's about?

If both of those are yes, then you have no taste in games at all. Either that or you're crap at them.

And if the answer to both of those is no, then you're a stupid and ignorant fool who goes by looks alone.
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Golf is very good this time around. It's got proper and realistic looking courses, a full 18 holes (with varying Par levels), a cool shot system (much like Mario Golf's was), and it's a lot of fun in 4-player.

Yeah, it's very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.