GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buy A Dreamcast Fools !!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
U don't know wat ur missing, sure, gamecube + xbox are coming, but PS2 is rubbish and for £99.99, you can get a dreamcast, 4 games and a mem. card. Great games @ low prices.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Longy:0) wrote:
> The PS2 isn't disapointen no way it fully lives up with new better games coming
> out every month it's a hit

You cannot seriously beleive that it's in no way dissapointing. Anyone who's happy with Sony and the way the console is developing is obviously happy to accept second best.

It's great fun to play and I enjoy the games, but there's no way it's reaching what it was hyped to be. Every week we're getting better and better games, but there's still a long way to go.

If the PS2 isn't generally dissapointing, then i'll go and buy an Xbox when they come out. (not that i've anything against the console, just don't have £300 to spend on ANOTHER games console!)
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:07
Regular
Care to expand on that, Longy? I'm still not convinced.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:06
Regular
"WWJD"
The PS2 isn't disapointen no way it fully lives up with new better games coming out every month it's a hit
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I'll definately be looking very closely at buying the SEGA games available on PS2 as i've always been a massive fan of their contributions to the gaming world.

For a parent looking to buy their child their first games console, the Dreamcast is a fantastic place to look. I've recommended a few friends look into getting one for the price, and it'll make a lot of young children's christmas.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:01
Regular
Nice timing. :0)
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:00
Regular
"WWJD"
exactily
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:00
Regular
The PS2 does seem very disappointing. It's certainly not the worst console ever made, but it's also not the best. Simply because the line up of games is a bit... dull. There are some excellent games in there, but not so many. Multiplayer STILL seems to be largely lacking, and if anyone would like to set me straight here, [Wookiee], then please do so. :0)

And the Dreamcast is a great console, bummed down because of street trend in simple minded children. It really is a shame. At present mind, it's probably not worth getting one, because all the good games are being remade for the next gen consoles.

So just buy all the next gen consoles instead, and buy every Sega game. :0)

Super Monkey Ball will be mine.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:55
Regular
"Digging!"
i wouldnt buy that lump of crap (im talking about the ps2-only joking!). the dreamcast has a lame controller and not many good recent games.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I don't see how ANY honest and sensible games-player can call the PS2 'rubbish'.

Of course it could be said that it hasn't lived up to the hype or reached anywhere NEAR it's potential, but it's far from rubbish. It's a good quality console with a lot of potential.

In the same way though, Dreamcast was never rubbish even though it didn't turn out to be such a huge success.

I agree, at £99 the Dreamcast is a fantastic bargain, but that's not to say getting a PS2 at £199 ain't either.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:43
Regular
"WWJD"
thank you come on more people

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.