GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buy A Dreamcast Fools !!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 20:57
Regular
U don't know wat ur missing, sure, gamecube + xbox are coming, but PS2 is rubbish and for £99.99, you can get a dreamcast, 4 games and a mem. card. Great games @ low prices.
Thu 20/12/01 at 19:55
Ok, perhaps i exaggerated wen i sed that the ps2 was rubbish, but i do agree that it hasnt lived up to the hype it generated ( not that it wont, but it hasnt so far)
Thu 20/12/01 at 04:37
I own a Dreamcast and a PS2 and I think they are both great systems with their own qualities. Each have good games with good graphics and good stories.

Also, a Ps2 is not rubbish I just think someone is mad because they haven't been able to get enough money saved up but don't worry when you get one you'll be singing a different tune.
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:12
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
I own a DC and soon a PS2. DC is great and so is the PS2 but what makes them great is the games.

DC great games are:

Shenmue 1 and 2

Sonic adv 1 and 2

Crazy Taxi 1 (sorry 2 wasn't that great)

PS2 great games are:

GTA3

GT3

DMC to name a few. So there an unbiased opinion :)

Remember it's games that count not consoles when it comes to sales
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:46
Regular
Prawn Star wrote:
> What do you think?

about the PSO or about the fact that you have your pants on,on the outside
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:46
Regular
Jet Set Radio.
Get JSR.
Tricky at first, but probably the best game on the DC along with Crazy Taxi 2, Shenmue 1&2, Headhunter and Illbleed.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:41
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Yup.
I got a DC in September.
£99 for a Dreamcast and three games.
I swaped all three of them for DOA2, Virtua Tennis and a VMU. I also bought PSO.
I was crying for ages once I found out you have to pay 60p a minute! thats right 60p! For internet. Therefor I may exchange PSO for some other games... What do you think?
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:31
Regular
I bought my Dreamcast on launch day Oct 1999, so I don't need to buy one.
I've got 29 classic games, so I'd just like to say "thank you SEGA" for the past two years and having the balls to take on the big boys.
The Dreamcast is coffin-bound but mine lives on like an eternal rainbow.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:17
Regular
a monk named frank wrote:
due to increased sales, they
> have started making DCs again.

just because idiots with no sense what so ever are buying the crapcast in their masses doesnt make it a good console.

Its looks like a brick,it weighs the same as ten bricks,its internet connection is crap,there are only a (apparently) few good games on it,you need the hands the size of india to use the joypad,the stupid "VMU" never gets used..only about 3 games actually use the thing,the cases suck,and they are damned expensive to fix if they ever break down...
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:13
Regular
"WWJD"
i don't think it's dissapointing but don't take much to make me happy i still think it's the best
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:10
Regular
Heh, £350 for Halo? No thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.