GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNCOVERED Game-A-Day Fake!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 13:21
Regular
Being quite keen to make sure my hard earned cash isn't wasted on below standard games, There are a few review sites which I will visit before making a purchase from special reserve. One of these sites being situated in the US. Imagine my dismay at finding one reviewer here cutting and pasting the reviews from that website directly to this website without even changing a word.
The culprit:

TRIPLE_H.

Checkout some of the reviews such as Baldurs Gate or Jak and Daxter.
This is obviously a ploy to flood the site with as many reviews as possible (written by proffesional reviewers I might add) to see if he/she can sneak off with a couple of free games.
Well, you've been rumbled!! You should hold your head in shame.
C'mon put your OWN words in the review and give us all a chance.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:47
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Have fun. Don't annoy the dinner ladies too much.

And no looking up girls skirts.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:44
Not really, it's the fact that this guy was being a bit cheeky.
It spoils the whole gamer's opinion notion, which is the point of clicking on the button which says your reviews.
If I wanted an industry review with all the polish and editorial finish I would go and read one elsewhwere (which I did obviously).
So this guy, seems to be just copying down the review and dumping it here in the vain hope that he'll get to win a game (probably the one he's reviewing) off someone else's back, he could have just pointed us to the site for good reviews.

Anyway wait and see what he says, if the explanation is a good one I'll retract my earlier statement.

Anyway it's playtime here, gotta go.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:35
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Heh thought so. My recent good fortune lured you here huh?

I've had a bonza couple of months for freebies - got a game from here, a game from me Sonycard, and I won a MegaDrive and loads of games on a retro site. Mind you, still haven't got the MD yet, apparently it's been sent. huh.

Do you want to go round and leer at him until he gets scared and gives me my prize? Sell him a goat while your there.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:33
What do you think???
you old goat!!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:33
Regular
"I confused?"
Just ban him we shouldn't need to cheat to win because if you do have you really won?
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:31
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Oi, you're not Pete are you?

If not, I apologise, a mate of mine used to use the name Riftstrider.

If you are, see ya on the weekend, you old git you.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:27
I think Gamesrevolution.com is a different site. Try Gamerevolution.com i.e. there's no 's' in it.

Anway, if he's on later, we'll wait to see what he has to say for himself otherwise it would be a bit one-sided and unfair.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Sally On Weekdays!"
I am going to say that "Triple-H" is guilty until proven innocent.

At the moment, all fingers are pointing. However, he may have done it for the following reasons.

a) Could have had his account hacked and someone copied a review to frame him.

b) He could own gamesrevolution

c) If he has any other family members, they could be pranking him, one in very poor taste at that.

Then again, here's the evidence that points the finger at him.

a) It's unlikely that he works for and or owns gamesrevolution, let alone use elaborate language of that sort.

b) Maybe he doesn't have a brother.

At the moment, I would consider him guilty until proving innocent, as this is "highly suspiscous".
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:28
Regular
A Gameaday copies ah ah ah?

Now as far as i'm concerned he didn't win with any of them (i don't think) so to be honest it doesn't matter.

Cheating is bad after being rumbled do you think he'll do it again? I highly doubt it, well i hope not.
Wed 19/12/01 at 15:17
ssxpro wrote:
> Totoro wrote:
> One thing's for sure, i bet gamerevolution.com has got a lot
> of hits today!

:-) Good to see a funny side to all this!

Damn, if only I could get commision!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.