GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is your favourite console? Xbox 360 - Playstation 3 - Or both "

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/09/11 at 00:38
Regular
"Die Potato!!!"
Theres a lot of people out there that argue about which console is better, my opinion is that its not the console its the game. I think both consoles have good and bad games.
So whats everyone elses opinion?
Tue 13/09/11 at 13:31
Regular
Oops, my connection was playing up and seems i've posted the same message multiple times... can someone remove them please?
Tue 13/09/11 at 11:31
Regular
Guess I stand well and truly corrected then! (although in my defense it's been quite a while since I checked), just had a look at the site and there are indeed some great deals so I may just order one.

Anyway back on topic, there is one more reason I prefer the PS3 and that's Killzone 3, just can't get enough of it at the moment.
Tue 13/09/11 at 07:09
Regular
"I like turtles"
Richer Sounds quite often have some pretty good deals on BD players, some are sub £100. I borrowed a PS3 a few months back and hooked it up to my AV set up (46'' 1080P Plasma, Yamaha full HD sound bar with separate sub). The picture on Blu Ray playback was actually comparable to my standalone Panasonic player but as pb mentioned the sound was not quite as good. Upscaled DVD playback was also noticeably inferior to the standalone player.
Mon 12/09/11 at 21:28
Regular
Wow really?, in that case i'll have to look out for one, thanks pb!
Mon 12/09/11 at 21:03
"possibly impossible"
There are a lot of very good Blu-ray player than surpass the sound quality of the PS3 for £150 now.

That's not to say the picture quality differs by much and you'll only notice the difference with a very good sound system. But the fact is that Blu-ray players have dropped in price a lot since the PS3 launch and now it's no longer the cheapest good Blu-ray player.

I have a PS3 upstairs and a proper dedicated Sony Blu-ray downstairs, because it's easier for the wife to use and saves wear on the PS3 when the kids watch their Disney movies.

As to the question, I couldn't live without any of my consoles, Wii, PS3 or 360. Currently I'm on the 360 more and then the Wii and PS3 in equal measure. I'm also occasionally on the Mac or PC for Steam games and, of course, on the iPhone and iPad a lot for reviewing.
Sun 11/09/11 at 17:57
Regular
pete_21 wrote:
DragonKazuma wrote:
I prefer the PS3, for the simple reason that you get quite a lot more for your money, some standalone blu ray players cost dangerously close to £1000

Must have been some kickass player if it cost a grand! :P

You'd think so for that price but no, I was curious as to why some cost so much, so I asked in several stores why this was the case and basically I got the same answer every time "I don't know, get a PS3 instead", just shows you how much of a rip off they are when even employees tell you not to buy one.
Sun 11/09/11 at 11:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
DragonKazuma wrote:
I prefer the PS3, for the simple reason that you get quite a lot more for your money, some standalone blu ray players cost dangerously close to £1000

Must have been some kickass player if it cost a grand! :P
Sun 11/09/11 at 01:24
Regular
"Die Potato!!!"
I dont play nintendo wii anymore, not after the 'golfing incident'.
Sat 10/09/11 at 20:48
"The Videogame King"
CyclonMonk wrote:
[i}my opinion is that its not the console its the game. I think both consoles have good and bad games.[/i]

I agree with that statement. The Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 are all very good, high-quality consoles and I have played on all of them before. I have a PS3 and I am very glad I got it. The Wii is also very good, but since the PS3 is the only seventh generation game console I actually have, It is probably my favorite.
Sat 10/09/11 at 19:21
Regular
I prefer the PS3, for the simple reason that you get quite a lot more for your money, some standalone blu ray players cost dangerously close to £1000 but the PS3 can do everything a standalone one can for a fraction of the price, there's also free online play and net surfing to consider.

That doesn't mean i don't like the 360 or the Wii though, I have to agree that the 360 does have a superior lineup of games and while not free Xbox Live is much better than PSN, the Wii is cheap, user friendly and doesn't rely on online play too much, most games out for it have an offline alternative which in my opinion is loads more fun than playing against a faceless mute on the other side of the world.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.