GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".com domain renewal delay."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/11 at 09:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I renewed a couple of .com TLDs yesterday morning.

I received my email confirmation as normal but I notice I I haven't received the emailed invoice and when checking I see the domains still have the old expiry date?

Is there a known delay at the moment or do I need to raise a Support Ticket?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 16:45
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
Cheers Machie!

I hope you are as happy with your providers as I am with mine :¬)

EDIT:
I've still quite a way to go to catch up with your post count!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Yeah, I would have liked to have stayed with Freeola, but I had to move over to dedicated hosting.

You're lucky Hmmm, sometimes I get carried away and buy 15 new domains a week, not including the renewals.

I think most of my post count is from talking in the FoG WLT with Flockheart, Biggles and Lingren. You'll catch up eventually. :)
Tue 06/09/11 at 15:17
"Are you sure?"
McLong wrote:
Woops! Well spotted :) That's been updated and also added to the Freeola footer (where it didn't already exist, for some reason).

No problem!

Don't forget the footer on all the CHAT pages as well though ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT - I see you've sorted that ;¬)
Tue 06/09/11 at 14:23
"Are you sure?"
I've got another batch of domains to renew soon - I'll try to have a read :¬)

NB. My renewals (& invoice) have just completed!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 14:14
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ah sorry Hmmn... I meant the terms and conditions with the checkbox next to them on the confirmation page in the checkout (the page before you choose a payment card type). These are colorbox popups with information relevant to the domains you are purchasing, renewing, transferring our otherwise updating. Thanks for spotting the main T & C's glitch though.
Tue 06/09/11 at 14:07
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
...On the bottom of the gettdotted home page it reads:
"Terms & Conditions (Updated 14/07/10)"

Following the link shows they were actually changed:
23rd June 2011 !...

Woops! Well spotted :) That's been updated and also added to the Freeola footer (where it didn't already exist, for some reason).
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:57
"Are you sure?"
Cheers Machie!

One of the great things with Freeola is they are 'real people'.
Which is why I am so happy to recommend them.

Many Broadband suppliers and Domain Hosts are completely faceless companies that customers can't reach.

I hope you are as happy with your providers as I am with mine :¬)

EDIT:
I've still quite a way to go to catch up with your post count!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:46
Regular
They're very lucky to have you as a customer and moderator Hmmm. I don't know how they would manage without your feedback every single day. :)
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:41
"Are you sure?"
You had to make me go and look! ;¬)

On the bottom of the gettdotted home page it reads:
"Terms & Conditions (Updated 14/07/10)"

Following the link shows they were actually changed:
23rd June 2011 !

NB. It's a fairly weighty document and I scanned through it looking for the change of registrar or something indicating a gTLD renewal delay but couldn't find it...

On a more serious note, a mention of 'recent changes' when they are made would seem to be sensible and friendly :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:08
"Are you sure?"
*cough*
I've renewed a few £100s worth of domains in the last month or so - perhaps if the T&C's have changed then you could drop a note in the forum or on the News page? :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:54
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It is mentioned in the terms and conditions you're meant to read and agree to when going through the checkout and renewing your domains:P It also affects some .mobi and .eu domains.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.