GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".com domain renewal delay."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/11 at 09:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I renewed a couple of .com TLDs yesterday morning.

I received my email confirmation as normal but I notice I I haven't received the emailed invoice and when checking I see the domains still have the old expiry date?

Is there a known delay at the moment or do I need to raise a Support Ticket?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 09:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I renewed a couple of .com TLDs yesterday morning.

I received my email confirmation as normal but I notice I I haven't received the emailed invoice and when checking I see the domains still have the old expiry date?

Is there a known delay at the moment or do I need to raise a Support Ticket?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:09
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
At the moment when you renew a gTLD we are moving them from one registrar to another. This uses the normal domain transfer process with the registry so does take longer than a simple renewal. It's all done automatically though so you should get confirmation in a few days.
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:25
"Are you sure?"
Thanks - that's a shame as things had got nice and quick.

I'll keep monitoring things.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yes most domain updates will be processed within a minute. Normal renewals, where the domain isn't moved, are done in seconds. Unfortunately transfers will always be slower as the registry has to make sure the transfer is authorised. Still, the next renewals for your domains should be quick again!
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:39
"Are you sure?"
Fair enough :¬)

I'm glad I posted now as it may help others wondering why their gTLD renewals are taking a bit longer.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT for clarity:
common gTLDs are .com / .net / .org / .info
Tue 06/09/11 at 12:54
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It is mentioned in the terms and conditions you're meant to read and agree to when going through the checkout and renewing your domains:P It also affects some .mobi and .eu domains.
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:08
"Are you sure?"
*cough*
I've renewed a few £100s worth of domains in the last month or so - perhaps if the T&C's have changed then you could drop a note in the forum or on the News page? :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:41
"Are you sure?"
You had to make me go and look! ;¬)

On the bottom of the gettdotted home page it reads:
"Terms & Conditions (Updated 14/07/10)"

Following the link shows they were actually changed:
23rd June 2011 !

NB. It's a fairly weighty document and I scanned through it looking for the change of registrar or something indicating a gTLD renewal delay but couldn't find it...

On a more serious note, a mention of 'recent changes' when they are made would seem to be sensible and friendly :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:46
Regular
They're very lucky to have you as a customer and moderator Hmmm. I don't know how they would manage without your feedback every single day. :)
Tue 06/09/11 at 13:57
"Are you sure?"
Cheers Machie!

One of the great things with Freeola is they are 'real people'.
Which is why I am so happy to recommend them.

Many Broadband suppliers and Domain Hosts are completely faceless companies that customers can't reach.

I hope you are as happy with your providers as I am with mine :¬)

EDIT:
I've still quite a way to go to catch up with your post count!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.