GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will you be buying in 2011?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/11 at 15:25
"possibly impossible"
The summer games drought is ending. driver SF is released today and the biggest games of the year are only a few weeks away.

With Gear of War 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, COD, Resistence 3 and many others on the way, will you be trying to get them all, none or somewhere in between?

Which one are you most looking forward to and why?
Mon 05/09/11 at 19:05
"possibly impossible"
McLong wrote:
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
This is at the top of my 'Wanted' list, and the Limited Edition (with Gold Wii Remote) is now available to pre-order at Amazon for £54.91 (let me know if you find anywhere cheaper).

Normally Limited/Special Editions don't interest me in the slightest, but I have a bunch of boxed Zelda games in awesome condition, so this will add to the collection nicely. Plus, it's a really good price if you consider the game alone will cost £39.99 ish.

Fifa 12
Skyrim
Mario Kart 3DS*
Luigi's Mansion 3DS*
Battlefield 3

*Still need to buy my 3DS, but the temptation is growing ever stronger.

Zavvi for £49.85
Mon 05/09/11 at 10:13
Regular
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
This is at the top of my 'Wanted' list, and the Limited Edition (with Gold Wii Remote) is now available to pre-order at Amazon for £54.91 (let me know if you find anywhere cheaper).

Normally Limited/Special Editions don't interest me in the slightest, but I have a bunch of boxed Zelda games in awesome condition, so this will add to the collection nicely. Plus, it's a really good price if you consider the game alone will cost £39.99 ish.

Fifa 12
Skyrim
Mario Kart 3DS*
Luigi's Mansion 3DS*
Battlefield 3

*Still need to buy my 3DS, but the temptation is growing ever stronger.
Sun 04/09/11 at 17:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Dead Island (should be a rental, I generally don't like first person games)

Ico/Shadow of the Collossus HD. I've no room for my PS2 at my place and don't own SotC anyway.

Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD. I'd buy this just for HD Snake Eater.

Arkham City. Given it's size I might just about be able to justify buying it.

Silent HIll Downpour. Definitely a rental after how bad the last one was.

Broken Sword 5, whenever the hell that's coming
Sun 04/09/11 at 16:35
Regular
"How Ironic"
Shadow of the Colossus was the best PS2 game around in my opinion. I sold it last year (after owning it for several years) for around £23.
Sun 04/09/11 at 11:34
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
HighflyerVII wrote:
Ico and Shadow of the Collosus Pack - Have to see what all the fuss is about. Another set of "classics" that I missed in the PS2 era, along with the God of War series, the Sly Trilogy and Prince of Persia trilogy. It's nice to be given the opportunity to play through them finally, but some of them do seem to have not aged well (I'm looking at you, Prince of Persia)

Forgot about the ICO and SOTC pack. Already have them fr PS2, but it's tempting to get the Classic versions anyway, Will also be interesed in The Last Guardian too, whenever that is being released.
Sun 04/09/11 at 10:51
"possibly impossible"
Butch wrote:
Everything I am after this year comes out in November (at the moment anyway).

- Football Manager '12: No official release date yet, but November is the usual release date. The one game I have played consistently this year so a definite release day purchase for me again this year.

- Uncharted 3: May get bumped to later in the year so I can spend more time on other games, but really looking forward to this one.

- Skyrim: It's Bethesda. It's the next Elder Scrolls game. A no-brainer.

- Skyward Sword: Going to unpack my Wii just for this game. Hopefully we get the gold Wii+ remote package over here as I will definitely pick that version up.

I will be leaving AC:R until early next year, I imagine, along with War in the North which also looks like it may be worth a playthrough.

Zavvi have the Skyward Sword and Gold Remote package to pre-order now.
Sun 04/09/11 at 09:49
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Everything I am after this year comes out in November (at the moment anyway).

- Football Manager '12: No official release date yet, but November is the usual release date. The one game I have played consistently this year so a definite release day purchase for me again this year.

- Uncharted 3: May get bumped to later in the year so I can spend more time on other games, but really looking forward to this one.

- Skyrim: It's Bethesda. It's the next Elder Scrolls game. A no-brainer.

- Skyward Sword: Going to unpack my Wii just for this game. Hopefully we get the gold Wii+ remote package over here as I will definitely pick that version up.

I will be leaving AC:R until early next year, I imagine, along with War in the North which also looks like it may be worth a playthrough.
Sun 04/09/11 at 09:21
"possibly impossible"
That's a good point. The kids will probably ask for that Kinect Disney game and probably Just Dance 3 too.

I'm trying to play as many games as I can before they all get home at the moment. A week and a half left to get some games completed and others started!
Sun 04/09/11 at 09:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Let's see:

FIFA 12 - Probably FIFA over PES again, the new collision system looks awesome, and career mode, with the inclusion of player morale and demands, looks to be a little better this time around. I'd just rather I didn't end up with save file corruption etc. It'd also be nice to be given the chance to change EA ID, since my little cousin set up a random one which I don't have access to, so no In-Game face or really any other features, I just dread the day it forgets my password and I lose online play too (despite my issues with online, that I've left in another thread).

Ico and Shadow of the Collosus Pack - Have to see what all the fuss is about. Another set of "classics" that I missed in the PS2 era, along with the God of War series, the Sly Trilogy and Prince of Persia trilogy. It's nice to be given the opportunity to play through them finally, but some of them do seem to have not aged well (I'm looking at you, Prince of Persia)

Batman: Arkham City - This one will probably wait until next year, after I've played through Arkham Asylum (in that long list of games still to play).

Uncharted 3 - Standard.

Sonic Generations - Okay, they've gone and done it again. I can, of course, see it being awful, but I have to play it to be sure.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Huge fan of the Assassin's Creed series, even enjoyed the first one despite it's issues of variety and control. A good IP and i'm interested on how they take the series forward.

WWE '12 - Very much enjoyed my time with SvR2011, should be interesting with the new game engine. Not all that convinced the switch to face button attacks from the analogue stick is a wise one, might ruin the variety you get from the longer matches, but I'll wait and see.

Of course, the missus will be wanting the Adventures of Tintin, too.
Sat 03/09/11 at 22:53
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
pb wrote:
I'm giving The first Assassins Creed another chance as I only played a bit the first time around.

After a good few hours with it I'm liking it more than before and it still looks impressive.

I'll go back to AC2 after that and then Brotherhood, which I haven't played at all yet.

That's great! Glad you are liking it more the second time around. Hope you enjoy AC and Brotherhood too. I'm also hoping to start/finish Uncharted 1 and 2 ready for 3 laster in the year. So thanks to this post for inspiring me to finally go and play it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.