GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could do any job..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/11 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
If you could work anywhere, irrespective of money or your qualifications, what would you most like to do?

I'd love to own an indie game and entertainment store or be a 'proper' (ie paid) Games Journalist.

The former is virtually impossible given the conditions on the high street and the economy and the latter is possible, and i really think i could get in on merit of experience, but looking at the salaries I'd have to take a pay cut and move.
Sat 03/09/11 at 22:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
Grammar tips to a dyslexic person, how sensitive.

Get real Garin ...

I used to teach 'dyslexic' pupils and the 'rules' quoted were loved by everyone I taught, apparently they could at least 'see where things went' and then felt confident expressing themselves.
Sat 03/09/11 at 22:25
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Grammar tips to a dyslexic person, how sensitive.
Sat 03/09/11 at 21:48
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Dragonlance wrote:
HiddenWingz wrote:
[i]I would love to work with animals! Not a vet job, but more of a helping hand.

Even if it's just a sales assistant with Pets@Home. I had the chance to work there, but was unable too because of stupid University rules and commitments. Sounds rather basic and small, but it woud truly be my dream job. Our local RSPCA(s) don't actually have adoption centres, but I wouldn't mind going away and working at one of those either.

Another job I would adore is to be a author. Though I have confidence issues because of my dyslexia, so getting past that would be fantastic. That's one of the reasons I joined this page, so I would enjoy writing reviews etc.. again. But I'm still stuck on a current review I've been writing since July. (Oops)

Or maybe both combined! Being a animal carer and writing about it as a author. Animal/pet theme books are really popular nowadays... Rather plain.

Your 'desire' is admirable but ....dyslexia is not a reason to not follow your heart, just see above and remember the rule:

'an' before a vowel .... a,e,i,o,u and sometimes 'y' all the rest are consonants..so 'a'

You are not the only 'miscreant' on this forum but 'university entrant' should mean something and should maintain a certain standard ... perhaps it doesn't now :¬([/i]

Oh I see. Thanks. I'm determined to keep trying my best! I like how some of these answers have certain simularities.
Sat 03/09/11 at 20:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HiddenWingz wrote:
I would love to work with animals! Not a vet job, but more of a helping hand.

Even if it's just a sales assistant with Pets@Home. I had the chance to work there, but was unable too because of stupid University rules and commitments. Sounds rather basic and small, but it woud truly be my dream job. Our local RSPCA(s) don't actually have adoption centres, but I wouldn't mind going away and working at one of those either.

Another job I would adore is to be a author. Though I have confidence issues because of my dyslexia, so getting past that would be fantastic. That's one of the reasons I joined this page, so I would enjoy writing reviews etc.. again. But I'm still stuck on a current review I've been writing since July. (Oops)

Or maybe both combined! Being a animal carer and writing about it as a author. Animal/pet theme books are really popular nowadays... Rather plain.

Your 'desire' is admirable but ....dyslexia is not a reason to not follow your heart, just see above and remember the rule:

'an' before a vowel .... a,e,i,o,u and sometimes 'y' all the rest are consonants..so 'a'

You are not the only 'miscreant' on this forum but 'university entrant' should mean something and should maintain a certain standard ... perhaps it doesn't now :¬(
Sat 03/09/11 at 20:22
Regular
"Carpe Diem"
Mine would be something to do with games mixed with writing. So most likely a character imagineer or script writer for videogames. I'm a published novelist already so hey, I'm on the right track!
Sat 03/09/11 at 19:33
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
pb wrote:
HiddenWingz wrote:
[i]I would love to work with animals! Not a vet job, but more of a helping hand.

My 7 year old is convinced that she wants to be a vet.[/i]

Oh how sweet! That's also very brave of her
Sat 03/09/11 at 19:09
"possibly impossible"
HiddenWingz wrote:

My 7 year old is convinced that she wants to be a vet.
Sat 03/09/11 at 17:06
Regular
"How Ironic"
Something to do with games; programming, designing, testing or reviewing. That's the career path I'm currently chasing anyway.
Sat 03/09/11 at 13:29
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"

Fri 02/09/11 at 19:26
Regular
"eat toast!"
i can think of many things i would like to be:

-a great comic book artist loved by readers and made into countless movies, animes, games etc.

-Food critic

- professional lay about. Getting paid to do nothing in my life.

Location wise, somewhere like the far east like japan or maybe in the pacific like australia/new zealand.

Failing that america.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.