GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/11 at 18:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Due to lack of activity/active players, I have decided to finish the predictions and just change this into a place football can be discussed amongst those of us who follow the sport away from the general chat. I'll probably bring it back for EURO 2012 :)

Current Hot Topics:
A new season begins
Summer Transfers

Original Post:
Show Spoiler
Page:
Sun 23/10/11 at 20:17
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
It's been an interesting season so far for Middlesbrough. A solitary league loss to Nottingham Forest, a team we just don't beat when we travel to them, who would have been buoyed by a new manager. It's nice being at the top, but whether we'll stay up there is yet to be seen. We have a rather small squad and tend to get a lot of injuries heading up to Christmas, so we're due our squad being ravaged at some point soon
Sun 23/10/11 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HighflyerVII wrote:
As a supported of a Championship side...I can't think of anything stupider more stupid

Nice one HVII ... about time someone did this and I'll fully support this thread ;¬)

Have supported Leicester City since 1960 and I cannot believe how predictable they are ... always beat the top teams, always loose to the bottom teams ... never changes and yesterday was just a fffffing farce!!! Every manager, every team since 1960 has played the same ... beat the top, loose to the bottom.

We've had 'em all Matt Gillies, Frank O'Farrell, Jock Wallace, Brian Little ( my son played in the same team as his son), Martin O'Neill, Ian Holloway and Nigel Pearson to name but a few, and believe me we've had plenty ha ha

Why will they never learn?

After 50 years I would have expected a change! I played 'semi-professionally' for fifteen years, County Level - you just don't do this 'year in - year out'
Sun 23/10/11 at 19:04
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Okay, scrapping the predictions, let's just discuss.

Manchester United 1 - 6 Manchester City - I don't think anyone can accuse Mancini of overly defensive tactics after that demolition at Old Trafford. And what a way of showing Tevez that he's not needed.

Speaking of Tevez, appears that nobody is backing Mancini's claim that Tevez refused to play, so it could be interesting to see how that one pans out. Fairly confident that Tevez still won't end up featuring again for Manchester City, wouldn't be surprised if it was a ploy as City must have realised that a player that isn't willing to play is also unlikely to be sellable.

Rumblings of owners wanting to remove relegation from the Premiership. As a supported of a Championship side...I can't think of anything stupider
Fri 07/10/11 at 19:30
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
21:00 Montenegro ? - ? England
20:30 Holland ? - ? Moldova
21:00 France ? - ? Albania
22:00 Portugal ? - ? Iceland

Montenegro 1 - 3 England
Rooney
Thu 06/10/11 at 23:02
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
International Fixtures for this weekend

18:00 Azerbaijan ? - ? Austria
20:30 Turkey ? - ? Germany
20:45 Belgium ? - ? Kazakhstan
17:00 Armenia ? - ? Rep. of Macedonia
20:15 Slovakia ? - ? Russia
21:30 Andorra ? - ? Rep. of Ireland
20:45 Northern Ireland ? - ? Estonia
20:45 Serbia ? - ? Italy
20:00 Bosnia-Herzegovina ? - ? Luxembourg
20:30 Romania ? - ? Belarus
21:00 France ? - ? Albania
18:15 Finland ? - ? Sweden
20:30 Holland ? - ? Moldova
19:00 Latvia ? - ? Malta
20:45 Greece ? - ? Croatia
20:45 Wales ? - ? Switzerland
21:00 Montenegro ? - ? England
20:30 Cyprus ? - ? Denmark
22:00 Portugal ? - ? Iceland
20:45 Czech Republic ? - ? Spain
19:30 Liechtenstein ? - ? Scotland
Sun 02/10/11 at 13:17
Regular
"How Ironic"
No question about it, it wasn't even a foul. A red card absolutely ludicrous. As for Suarez, whilst he did indulge in rolling around on the floor, the ref seemed to have the card out straight away. He was a matter of yards from the challenge though, and should have been able to make the correct call.

Baines' tackle on Adam was the worst of the game. Studs showing straight into his ankle easily warranted at least a yellow, but nothing was given by the ref. We did have the ball after the challenge, but advantage wasn't even given. Even the penalty incident, as far as I'm aware, a card wasn't given for that.

Some terrible refereeing, but I still don't think it's a a valid excuse for their loss. We had far better chances than Everton, with Everton having around 3 close chances all from the edge of the box.

Am pretty sure Rodwell's ban will be lifted by the FA once the footage is reviewed. It's a difficult job for referees, but the consistency of bookings in that match was laughable. Am expecting Everton to get a talking to from the FA themselves regarding the bottles thrown at Bellamy and Suarez.

All in all, 0-2 in the bag.
Sun 02/10/11 at 11:48
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I think even Chris would be forced to admit that it was nowhere near a red card. The poor guy slid in (to the ball) with one leg outstretched and the other curled up under him like some form of origami to AVOID showing studs or danger to Suarez. He got the ball, clearly, by a mile. An actual mile.

Here it is in sorta slow

Bottom line, if it's a red, 4 players would have been off that match. 2 or 3 players every single match.

We all agreed on Suarez before he joined Liverpool. It was his theatrics that got Rodwell sent off. Looking in depth in to the challenge he actually went in to pains to see that he wasn't being dangerous. Shame.

The match had worse tackles anyway, which the ref just ignored, both from the red and blue. Awful match.

At 11 v 11 it was looking promising, although Gerrard and Bellamy should have started. Everton were outclassed, and probably would have been with 11 on the pitch tbh.
Sat 01/10/11 at 22:03
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I can't say that I saw a red card in that challenge that saw Rodwell sent off, but hey, contentious decisions is what makes the footballing world go round, right?

Third 0-0 in a row for Middlesbrough, nice in a well-we're-not-losing kind of way, but still...
Sat 01/10/11 at 20:14
Regular
"How Ironic"
Nothing better than beating Everton. Shame it never shuts their retarded fans up.
Sat 01/10/11 at 12:32
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Everton, Villa, Man U & Spurs

Tottenham 3 - 2 Arsenal
VDV
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.