GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/11 at 18:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Due to lack of activity/active players, I have decided to finish the predictions and just change this into a place football can be discussed amongst those of us who follow the sport away from the general chat. I'll probably bring it back for EURO 2012 :)

Current Hot Topics:
A new season begins
Summer Transfers

Original Post:
Show Spoiler
Page:
Mon 24/10/11 at 19:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HighflyerVII wrote:
Steve McClaren as replacement, anybody? ;)

Ha ha ... cabbages for kings ... if he can beat Millwall, then perhaps, but replacing 'like for like' I doubt it ... but then I could have a bet :¬)
Mon 24/10/11 at 19:40
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Steve McClaren as replacement, anybody? ;)
Mon 24/10/11 at 18:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
Yay! I really didnt think they'd do it.

I have to agree Garin, but I had that 'feeling' ... knowing Leicester, especially now they have 'foreign money' behind them. He was 'bad' ... won 24 out of 55 games, not a bad record for a National team, but for a 'Championship side wanting to go places' ... poor :¬)
Mon 24/10/11 at 18:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Yay! I really didnt think they'd do it.
Mon 24/10/11 at 18:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
SGE ... gone ! :¬D

Sorry Garin :¬)
Mon 24/10/11 at 18:10
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Sven - Millions spent, little gained. Similarly with his reign at Manchester City. Speaking of that...I did very much enjoy that 8-1 result in Sven's last game, despite the obvious fact that the players appeared to be striking (Afonso Alves scored...thrice), but as far as I can remember that was our last good result in the Premiership :P

DL - Probably should be leaning towards Darlington, but they are non-league now, so nowadays a shout towards Middlesbrough is logical. Besides, Darlington is a Middlesbrough feeder club :)
Mon 24/10/11 at 14:39
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sven is as bad a manager as Leicester have had a in long time in my opinion. Not so sure he'll get sacked though (doesnt seem likely he'd resign). I think the best hope is he gets "promoted" to director of football.
Sun 23/10/11 at 21:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
So ... living in Newton Aycliffe ... would it be more 'fitting' to support 'The Boro' or the 'Brick Train' ?

TBH can't see SGE lasting long now ... knowing the 'fickle finger of Leicester fate' :¬) Results and 'excuses' have been too reminiscent of his England reign ;¬)
Sun 23/10/11 at 21:05
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
One of my friends is a Derby supporter...that was fun ;). Being a Middlesbrough supporter has it's ups and downs, usually within the same season :P, though I guess the same can be said about any club. Can't say I enjoyed languishing at the bottom of the table last season, but the finish was much better.

Yeah, Newton Aycliffe is a fair way away, but Middlesbrough is the biggest "local" team to it (though Darlington is the more natural fit) so it's not too bizarre.
Sun 23/10/11 at 20:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Missed it ... too late to post an 'edit' :¬)

Knew you were a 'boro supporter ... my best mate is! We have 'loads of fun during the season' ha ha. He lives in Newton Aycliffe ... a bit far away in my mind!

I lived in Sunderland ... and in 1973 they won the FA Cup with Ian Porterfield's shot! Mate of mine at the time, won £250 on that win ... big money then ... £1 weekly rent for a two-bed flat and £14 a week wage...living that :¬)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.