GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Currently 'borrowin' a PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/03/03 at 20:59
Regular
Yep. My clever brother swapped our GC for a PS2 for a bit. Just to play on Vice City. While I dtest and desipise that over rated rubbish, I gave some of the other games a go. Namely Red Faction II, Medal Of Honour Frontline, LOTR: Two Towers and GT3. Personaly, they all sucked.

I was just wondering (this is for serious PS2 owners, not a bunch of monkeys) - What has the PS2 got coming that SERIOUSLY can compete with futre GC/XBox releases.

PS - I'm not being fanboyish, I'm just wondering.
Thu 27/03/03 at 23:10
Regular
P@st@ wrote:
> Devil May Cry - Shockingly bad. I hate Resident evil style shooters

Shockingly bad? This game was, and is, fantastic! It's an inspired and varied twist on the horror genre, with fast paced and shoot 'em up elements. I'm certainly looking forward to CAPCOM's GC exclusive spin-off, Project Devil.

> Jak and Daxter: poor Mario imitation. Nothing really original. bad
> controls.

Have you played this game? Ratchet & Clank was a poor Mario imitation with bad controls and little original features - Jak & Daxter was pure, gaming bliss (and great controls). The gameplay was varied, it was fun, it was a fantastic game and it WAS original - not a Mario spin-off. If it was around five times as long as it was (it was incredibly short), it may even be better than Super Mario Sunshine.

> Metal Gear Solid 2 - Crap plot and too much of it. Played through once
> and sold

What? The plot was fantastic! The cut scenes were engrossing and well done, and filling in the holes left over with your mates was excellent fun. The game was brilliant to play also, with loads of replay value. Possibly my favourite next-gen game this (well, excluding Metroid Prime).

> Rez - Tosh, absolute tosh

Get out. Rez is brilliance, absolute brilliance.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:58
Regular
Hmm.. that sounds rubbish.
Wed 26/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
As far as great titles go,we ps2 gamers can expect game like 'the getaway',GTA:vice city,splinter cell,pro evolution soccer 3 and i,ve seen prototype pics of the ps3.the first 3 games listed are all basically shooting games with lots of crime and violence in them.Pro evolution soccer has superb graphics and features the most modern teams and players.The reason i know about these unreleased games is that i have demo,s of them all.The ps3 pics i have seen which are only prototype pics include images of the white coloured console which is about the same size as the ps2 and has 4 controller ports,internet access,it plays games,cd,s,mp3,s and dvd,s.It has a small letterbox shaped screen on the front which tells the owner what is in the disc drive.This info is only prototype info so don't complain if the actual console doesn't actually look like my description of it!!!
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
dynasty warrior wrote:
> xbox /gc are under the wing that gave them life PS2.

Er........no.

Ever heard of......?

Doesen't matter.

Idiot.
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I beg to differ. *cough*

I think that'll be on GC too. Maybe. Methinks.

*goes off to kill more evil and lovely looking aliens*
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:05
Regular
"es argh"
Pro Evo 3. Simple.
Wed 26/03/03 at 15:00
Regular
"accidental superher"
P@st@ wrote:

> Half-Life - Shockingly bad. Didn't like it

the game itself was brilliant when first released (and was one of the first games to make me really go WOW)...and frankly you're better off getting it on the pc cos you get mods and online play (as well as mouse and keyboard control) etc :D

> Jak and Daxter: poor Mario imitation. Nothing really original. bad
> controls.

bit harsh...it's not as AMAZING as they were hyping it up to be...but it's pretty good...i thought the controls were ok...but it's a bit too short.

> Kingdom Hearts - Looks good, hope it goes multiformat.

higly doubt it will go multiformat...

> Red Faction - Brilliant 1st person shooter with a decent storyline.

i thought this was a VERY underwhelming first person shooter...got really bored with this...but red faction 2 is pretty good :D
Wed 26/03/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Heres a copy of kurt cobains list with what I thought of the games.

> Auto Moddelista - alright, not a must buy
> Blade 2 - No
> BMX XXX - Overhyped. Ladies yes, Gameplay, No
> Capcom VS SNK 2 - If you like 2d fighters, I don't.
> Colin McRae Rally 3 - Is available on all consoles,
> Crazy Taxi - Excellent game if you haven't got that much time
> Dead or Alive 2 - Tekkens better
> Devil May Cry - Shockingly bad. I hate Resident evil style shooters
> Devil May Cry 2 - Will be the same.
> Dynasty Warriors 2
> FIFA 2003 - Is available on all formats.
> Final Fantasy X - Excellent.
> Formula One 2001
> Formula One 2002 - Oooh a must buy cause the cars have different sponsers......
> Grand Theft Auto 3 - Brilliant
> Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Brilliant
> Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - Boring
> Half-Life - Shockingly bad. Didn't like it
> Jak and Daxter: poor Mario imitation. Nothing really original. bad controls.
> James Bond : Agent under Fire : poor Goldeneye clone with driving bits to ruin all the fun
> James Bond : Nightfire, Shockingly Bad
> Kingdom Hearts - Looks good, hope it goes multiformat.
> Max Payne - Poor on the PS2
> Medal of Honour : Frontline Multiformat, all except PS2 have multiplayer
> Metal Gear Solid 2 - Crap plot and too much of it. Played through once and sold
> Pro Evo Best Footie game ever.
> Pro Evo 2 Best footie game ever plus
> Red Faction - Brilliant 1st person shooter with a decent storyline.
> Rez - Tosh, absolute tosh
> Star Wars: Starfighter - No where near as fun a Rogue Squadron
> Stuntman - Unique idea fror a game. Linear, but excellent
> Tekken 4 - Brilliant
> Tekken Tag - Slow and unresponsive
> Time Crisis 2 - Good lightgun game.
> Tony Hawk's 3 - Brilliant
> Tony Hawk's 4 - Brilliant, but again Multi format.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:34
Regular
xbox /gc are under the wing that gave them life PS2. If they keep this up they will be just like sega dreamcast. PS3 WILL KILL them both man. GC is like a gameboy its for kids. XBOX i like to have more japanese games and maybe we'd have a xbox vs ps2 war. but if it like it is now ps2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, will win all day.
Tue 25/03/03 at 14:43
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Everybody go and buy a Cube and the game.
>
> Best game ever.
Wouldn't say Metroid was the best game ever. Best game on the Cube yeah but not ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.