GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you are going to buy a game next wat will it be?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
I think i would buy Resident Evil next as everyones been saying ow gud it is.Just pop in Please and tell us what game you will buy next.
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:17
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Whitestripes wrote:
> az_00_uk wrote:
> the xbox generally has just under or over double the amount
> of polygons, Mhz etc
>
> Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about?

Again, why do you insist on trying to start an arguement? You are a rather sad person if that is what you are after, again. I will not argue with you again, it's just a pure waste of my time. According to a comparison chart i have read, it says that generally the xbox is at least twice more powerful in most departments than the cube but as I said that doesn't matter as the cube makes up for it as it has 'different' components to that of the xbox. Mario sunshine, whats it like?
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:08
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
the xbox generally has just under or over double the amount
> of polygons, Mhz etc

Do you actually have any idea what you're talking about?
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:01
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Maverick42 wrote:
> az_00_uk wrote:
> and will get the major any third party games which are must haves
> for
> the xbox also.
>
> I'd advise you don't stick solely to this theory. Some games are
> better on Xbox, but then again - many have better versions on
> GameCube. Timesplitters 2 for example, and then there's the fact that
> the GC has a much better designed controller.

Cheers for the advice I will take this into account. Also I had heard about the cube being able to produce much brighter, more vivid colours, but was not sure how true it was. My cousin played on a cube and came round my place and played my xbox only to say he thought that the cube had better graphics, I thought 'how can this be possible', although the xbox generally has just under or over double the amount of polygons, Mhz etc, the cube has a completely different processor which impressively makes up for smaller numbers and gives great colour and graphics aswell. It all sounds good! Hnce I will be getting a cube on friday, what do you think, black or purple/blue(not sure what colour it actually is). Metroid comes out on friday, right? If so I will try to get the cube with a free game e.g. mario sunshine or something and will purchase metroid in addition.

What is mario sunshine like?
Super monkey ball?
Pikmin?
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:18
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
> and will get the major any third party games which are must haves for
> the xbox also.

I'd advise you don't stick solely to this theory. Some games are better on Xbox, but then again - many have better versions on GameCube. Timesplitters 2 for example, and then there's the fact that the GC has a much better designed controller.
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:11
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
> Do you see any real difference in their performance graphically, does
> cube outshine the box in the graphical sense?

The GameCube's as powerful as it needs to be. While the Xbox can produce sharper graphics and display a wider range of textures and special effects simultaneously, it does have the tendency to make colours appear dull and washed-out and because of the screen sometimes refreshing at different rates, there'll sometimes be ugly grey lines streaking across the screen.

Nintendo's machine suffers from none of these problems - everything is vivid and bright, and at 128Bit, it can display more colours than the Xbox at any one point. There's also a range of special effects that the GC can pull off best - heat haze, water, fire, etc due to the innovative flipper chip. So they're both about the same, really.

> I wouldn't use the cube as my primary gaming machine

Oh you would. Trust me.
Wed 19/03/03 at 16:19
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Metroid has received exceptionally high ratings/reviews, I have read that it most certainly ISN'T a FPS, so exactly what is it? From what I have read and seen, you are in a first-person mode and you are able to shoot, wouldn't it therefore be FPS! Halo is a FPS, so will it be nothing like Halo if it isn't a FPS? I read it is more of an exploring action game. Is it basically a FPS but with far more depth and exploration? Or perhaps similar to Morrowind? Would appreciate help, as I consider getting this game when I get a cube.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:58
Regular
"$Big Bucks$"
I shall definately buy Metroid Prime after Resident Evil Zero Because everyones saying how good Metroid is.
Wed 19/03/03 at 12:08
Regular
I'll take 6 of your best Metroids please.
Wed 19/03/03 at 08:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'll be getting Metroid Prime and Super Monkey Ball 2 on Friday...
Wed 19/03/03 at 01:25
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
You took the words straight out of my mouth. Instead of spending my cash on mediocre titles for the xbox I will instead purchase games which I 'need' for both gamecube and xbox. Too often I buy mediocre games for the sake of adding more games to my collection, I will now narrow down my choices to those which are essential, for example: xbox - Fable, Halo2, BC amongst others, and for gamecube - the likes of metroid prime, Zelda and mario games. Each time I feel the need to purchase a bog standard title(due to boredom and that sense of 'must get new game') which I will usually regret a couple of days after I will now instead try to hold back and just pick the top titles on both formats, making for a classier collection of games instead of having a pile of games which get played annually. Thanks again Sav.

I have around 25 games for xbox and have picked out about 8 which I could definately do with selling or trading, with the money I will hopefully get some games and/or gear for the cube.

I am beginning to believe the xbox and cube will make a good combination for me, as they both offer some very different games. I now see the cube as a must have addition to my gaming experience because it is a platform which provides updated versions of the old-skool titles, mario and even sonic, which played a big part in my interest for gaming when I were younger.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.