GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 09:21
Regular
I was walking alone my local high road the day before yesterday, when all of a sudden i hear someone yelling!

I finaly realised that this person was yelling 'Gun, he has a gun'

Me and my friend and basicly everyone in the street screamed and either fell on the floor or run to a side!

Then the boy who was screaming apeared running down the street!

I couldnt see any one following him but still everyone still screamed and tryed to find shelter!

The boy had almost gone from sight and still we could not see anyone chasing him or anyone with a gun!

Everyone went quiet and looked at each other!

Then a car went past honking its horn making everyone jump and leaning out of the back window was the boy who we had just saw running for his life pointing at us all shouting and laughing!

Now this might just be me, but i didnt find that very funny! Especialy when war is just about to begin!

You got any scary moments?

Whether it's something like a spider landed on my arm or a moment like above i wana hear it!

I said this in another room the other day and no one has any scary moments! Mabey you lot will be abit more interesting

Yours jumpingly!

Little Faye!
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Little Faye wrote:
> What is wrong with you lot?
>
> If you do not like what someone is talking about in a chat room then
> just leave!
>
> I have noticed that it is the same miserable people/person that has to
> point out the bad points in everything.
>
> I was asking for people who have scary moments to write it down, not
> people who want to complain!

Hmmm, directed at me I presume. I wasn't directing my comments at you or anyone else in this forum, and if you had read my post correctly you may have understood that I was describing the stupid people you mentioned in your original post.

And if it wasn't directed at me, who's complaining? I can't see anyone.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Why is she posting under three different names?
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:29
"For the horde!!!!"
Little Faye wrote:
> the water had reach me now and my arm was aching so i was finding it
> hard to hold myself up.
>
> eventually they came and got me out when the water level was up to my
> armpit!
>
> I'v never gone in the sea since.
>
> It was really scary!

You shouldn't be so egar to charge into the sea anyway their are jelly fish, sea urchins, sharks and the sea currents.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Okay then...

I was on the tube one day about four years ago and it was quite late at night. I sat in one of the seat next to the doors and the tube stopped and two people walked on - a massive man of West Indian origin who was built like a brick sh*thouse and a diminutive old Chinese woman who sat directly opposite me.
The other guy (I'll call him the bouncer because that's what he resembled) went to the end of the carriage and sat down. No-one else was sitting in our section of the carriage, past one set of doors - a few randoms were sat at the other end of the carriage, minding their own business, as you do.

Anyway, the tube starts moving and the bouncer starts muttering to himself under his breath. He's swearing as well as swigging from a hip flask. I thought to myself, "Uh-oh...this doesn't bode well but I've only got another 9 stops to go so I can grin and bear it."

The old woman is sitting quietly and not saying a word when suddenly the bouncer got up (while the tube was still moving) and walked in the direction of the old woman, pulls his leg back and delivers on of the hardest kicks I've ever seen. He kicked her in her legs and her shoe flew off and spun down the other end of the carriage. I had my eyes closed and it wasn't until she screamed in pain that I opened my eyes and noticed something was amiss. The bouncer had retreated to his original seat and by now I was feeling the fear and slightly angry that someone could attack this poor defenceless woman for no reason. The old woman slowly lifted herself to her feet and hobbled towards her shoe to put it on. She was in obvious pain and retreated to the other end of the carriage, still nursing her probably) broken foot. A few shocked stares were directed at me and the bouncer bloke sitting 5 seats away on my left hand side.

I glanced quickly at him - he was still shouting obscenities to himself and looking around wildly. He caught my sidelong look at him and directed such a look of malevolence towards me that I feared for my life.

The tube stopped and I was debating whether to get off or not. The old woman had stumbled off, helped by someone else. I was too numb to do anything and still in a state of shock at what had transpired before my eyes. Then a couple of people got on. A Swedish bloke and his girlfriend by all appearances (blonde, speaking a foreign language. Yeah it was stereotypical but, frankly, I wasn't in the mood for any political correctness) The girl sat directly opposite me and her boyfriend sat next to her. I fearfully glanced towards the bouncer but he had retreated into the mumbling mode that usually mentalists seem to embrace. I thought no-one could do it again, it's just a coincidence that it happened. He's obviously a bit too drunk. So I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the love-struck couple and think peaceful thoughts. I just wanted to get home. My cool disposition was shattered when the bouncer got up and strode forward faster than I could imagine. He delivered a hard kick to the Swedish girl sitting opposite me and she screamed a bloodcurdling wail of pain. It made me frightened. Very frightened. I looked at the hulking brute of a bouncer looming over me and saw him (with his back to me) staring down at the girl with a freakish lopsided grin on his face. After venting forth a series of expletives, he calmly walked to his seat and sat down. When the boyfriend finally got over his shock, he shouted, "Hey! What she do to do? We do nothing to harm you. What you doing this for?" (Their English was particularly good)

The bouncer just laughed - a maniacal crazed laugh that went on for a good 10-20 seconds. I glanced around and noticed we had an audience - about 5 or 6 people were staring down the carriage at us with worried miens. My mouth was dry and I could feel my own heartbeat threatening to burst out of my chest. I tried to look calm as the Swedish couple got up and staggered to the other end of the carriage and settled in a free seat.

I was alone with a complete nutter. I looked to my right and saw all the other people looking at me with confusion. Why on God's earth hadn't I moved seats? they probably thought to themselves. I don't really know. I only had a couple of stop to go so I thought I'd "ride out the storm."

The tube stopped and a beautiful girl walked on. She was exceedingly fit, as they say. And she sat directly opposite me. Now I was worried. Was the madman targeting people who sat opposite me or just woman. And, if so, why? I tried to make eye contact with her but she wasn't having any of it. Indeed, she looked at me as if I was a weirdo.

"Fine!" I thought, "That's all I need." Maybe the madman wouldn't attack this girl? So I sat there rigidly and the tube moved off...I heard a noise. Glancing to my left, the madman bouncer had risen out of his drunken slumber and was grinning at the girl. She looked up and noticed and glanced to me in confusion - as if I was in collusion with a crazy fool like that.

The madman got up and slowly took a couple of steps...and then I went into what can only be described as "hero mode". I stood up and shouted something garbled that said, "You not doing that again you mad f*cker!" (At least that's what I hoped I said - I was too scared.)

And with that cry of defiance I flung myself at the bouncer in an attempt to stop him striking out at this nice looking girl. I was a fool for doing so but sometime situations dictate your actions rather than the other way round. Luckily I caught him off-guard and sent him into the armrest on the chairs. he bounce doff them and lost his balance and tumbled to the floor, and me with him. What followed next was the very definition of insanity. I was kicking and punching out at him and he was kicking me with all his might. I realised why the other two victims had screamed so much - he was wearing steel toecaps and they were cracking my ribs. I took a bad punch to my jaw and thought to myself, "This is the end. Beaten to death on the tube by a mad drunkard isn't exactly the greatest epitaph to my life but when you go, you go." That thought and a plethora of other regrets, emotions and desires raced through my head in minute fractions of a second. It's amazing what you think about when you're convinced you're going to die.

However, it was my lucky day - someone else had run up and was swiftly raining blows upon the madman whilst dragging me away from him. I looked up stunned as I'd realised the tube had stopped and police were running onto the carriage and forcibly restraining the nutter. Peering through a black eye I noticed my rescuer - the Swedish boyfriend who had retreated to the other end of the carriage. I also realised the nice girl was bending down towards me and asking me questions but I was too dazed to answer. She smiled at me, thanked me and also accompanied me to go to the hospital to sort myself out and to make a statement at the police station. Every cloud has a silver lining eh?

The Swedish couple and the fit girl (Isobel) are now good friends of mine and we go out once in a while when our busy schedules allow. As far as I know, the madman got sent down for 6 months - aggravated assault. My injuries took a couple of months to heal but I felt good about what I'd done. I'm only sorry that two people got hurt before I reacted. I still think about that day...and the fear I felt.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Unbeliever wrote:

I would have bricked it in all honesty.
I guess the 'hero mode' would have been a possibility (if I had had a drink or two) but I can see myself diving off at the first stop!
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:38
"Darkness, always"
Great story, but I can't get over "their english was particularly good"
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I had had a few jars. The fit girl was the impetus that finalised my decision.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Great story, but I can't get over "their english was particularly
> good"

Story! I gave my blood for that girl! One of the most firghtening moments in my life.

Ironic statement or typo? heh heh!
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:45
"Darkness, always"
Hehe.

I would have done the same thing in your situation. I'm never shy of jumping at someone twice my size. Usually because I aim to break a bone at the start of the fight. I find it ends quicker that way.
Wed 19/03/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Unless it's one of your bones!

But I see what you mean. However, I wouldn't have met Isobel if I jumped up sooner...now that would be a bitter regret.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.