GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING _ DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 22:51
Regular
If you get emails from any "mobileman + a number @ hotmail.com" people trying to sell you things. Do not buy. Believe me I've unfortunately been conned into paying out for something that hasn't been shipped to me, and now I'm a good £100 out of pocket - just letting you know, be very careful when buying things.

By the way, anyone be able to help me out with what I should do now that I have paid out, at least got a special delivery slip confirming my sending of payment, Argh - bad bad people.

K, cheers
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:47
Regular
Did you not stop to think that it was just a *little* suspect?

To be honest, anyone stupid enough to fall for that gets what they deserve!

Well done to the bloke who ripped you off, that's all I can say.
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:39
Regular
Some guy E-mailed you and asked if you wanted to buy an X Box for £100, so you sent the money off, not knowing who he was, and you really expected to get sent anything in return?

Jeez you one gullible little monkey boy.
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:34
Who cares anyway - he found me, he conned me, you didn't get ripped off - I'm sorry Mr Degree in common sense, but there MIGHT, JUST MIGHT be other people who would fall for this. Seeing as he emailed me some very convincing emails.

:P
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:57
Regular
Sid wrote:
He wasn't on MSN, and if you don't cease this infernal abuse I'll
> get you kicked off this site now shut up.

If he wasn't on MSN, how come you've posted an entire MSN convo with him?

What abuse? I just can;t believe how amazingly stupid you've been. Truth hurts, eh?

Oh yeah, if you want to get me kicked off, go for it.

Well, at least try to....
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:50
Deju vu = already seen.

Plus - Grr everything I say sounds stupid, he said only accept cash Mwah X 10.

Oh well

I have my contacts.....
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:36
"Deja vu" is right, literal translation from french is "have seen before"..
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Sid wrote:
> Stupid Stupid me.

I'm going to the place where I sent the money, hopefully I
> will be able to sort something, either that or get my face kicked in.

Dan

When are you going around there? And good luck by the way!!!
Mon 17/12/01 at 20:13
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
nope, because although it made her, and many other people that bidded (and didn't win) think it included a PS2, it never actually said it. It was very cleaverly written, but i can't remember what it said as I read it somewhere about a year ago. I think it was in a newspaper. She paid something like £200, maybe Sid hasn't done too badly!

I would have been really annoyed. I mean who pays out a large sum of money to someone they have never met, and cannot trust. And who would send the money in cash? I certainly wouldn't do that! :)
Mon 17/12/01 at 19:52
TomUK wrote:
> Somehow, I think even if the bloke does send out an 'Xbox', it won't be what you
> expected.....
Remember the auction when people couldn't get hold of PS2's. A
> woman bought an item that said PS2 Boxed, and she got a PS2 Box!!!!!!!

Anyone
> else getting a sense of deja vu (if thats how its spelt)

did she get her money back?
Mon 17/12/01 at 19:38
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Somehow, I think even if the bloke does send out an 'Xbox', it won't be what you expected.....
Remember the auction when people couldn't get hold of PS2's. A woman bought an item that said PS2 Boxed, and she got a PS2 Box!!!!!!!

Anyone else getting a sense of deja vu (if thats how its spelt)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.