GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sum 41 vs. Blink 182"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 18:49
Regular
Firstly they sound exactly the same. Same type of Rock. Both have comic songs (blink's are funnier). A difference is that Sum are canadian, blink are american. Blink have been around longer. They both have songs were they mention not acting their age. And check this:

Sum 41: A one syllable word followed by a number
Blink 182: (See sentence above)

I think that Sum 41 have copied blink, but i still think they are wkd and i cant get Fat Lip outta my head.
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:53
Regular
Ant wrote:
Well, never heard of the Beastie Boys
> so they can't be that influential.

Because you've never heard of them they're not that infuential?

Ho ho ho you make me laugh.
Fri 21/12/01 at 20:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
misterhappy wrote:
> Jericho15 wrote:
> Well, to start off, the beastie boys suck

Are you
> honestly saying that you prefer two lousy punk bands over one of the most
> innovative and influential groups of the 90's?

Blink 182 and Sum 41's entire
> back catalogues wouldn't be fit to wipe the dirt off a beastie's b-side.

Well, never heard of the Beastie Boys so they can't be that influential.

Sum 41 I would say. I haven't bought an album in months, and I heard one track from "All Killer, No Filler," and went out and bought it straight away.

Rhythms and Handle This are absolutely brilliant songs.

However, my current favourite song is still Creed's "My Sacrifice." Pure brilliance.

And garage music still smells of parmesan cheese.
Fri 21/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
sheesh this is like arguing over which is best out of Clayfighter 63 1/3 or ... some other crap beat em up...

Both have been bettered so many times, so what does it matter?

If you want a decent fighter you won't buy Clayfighter (unless you are really dumb) you'll get Super Smash Bros., Tekken maybe, or a Killer Instinct game.

If you want decent pop-punk you get GreenDay, Descendents, ALL, etc. don't just get the nice pop-punk stuff that gets played on the radio, go out and get the DECENT stuff!

there we go, rant over...
Fri 21/12/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Lord Semajal wrote:
> at the mo i prefer Sum41 but have you noticed that both groups seem to have made
> only 2 dcents songs each?

Sum41:- Fat Lip and In Too Deep

Blink182:- The
> Rock Show and another one i can't remember at the moment.

Listen to the WHOLE of their albums, not just what you hear on TV/radio!! Then you'll find ALL of their 'great trakcs'. Don't be lazy, just listen to their singles, and judge them on that! Make the effort!!
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:47
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Lord Semajal wrote:
at the mo i prefer Sum41 but have you noticed that both groups seem to have made
only 2 dcents songs each?

Both have done more than 2 good songs. Ahh, gotta go.
Fri 21/12/01 at 09:47
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I know what you mean Mystique. Their album, All killer, no polyfiller is very good. I recommend it. They all sound a bit the same, but don't most albums! There all good though.
Thu 20/12/01 at 17:00
Regular
gah,that didnt make sense
Thu 20/12/01 at 17:00
Regular
they are the only 2 decent songs because they are the only 2 you have seen on top of the pops
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:49
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
at the mo i prefer Sum41 but have you noticed that both groups seem to have made only 2 dcents songs each?

Sum41:- Fat Lip and In Too Deep

Blink182:- The Rock Show and another one i can't remember at the moment.
Thu 20/12/01 at 11:01
good songs. i'm liking the older stuff from them at the moment from the licenced to ill and paul's boutique albums. paul revere and johnny ryall being my favourites

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.