GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boycot Amazon.co.uk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
Please.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to orde a £500 Ipaq at the bargain price of £23 now the gits wont let me have it.

Ho hum.
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Please.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to orde a £500 Ipaq at the bargain price of £23 now the gits wont let me have it.

Ho hum.
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Interesting. I thought it was a £107 listed as £7 (or so my mum says).

And she also said they HAVE to give it to you too ('twas on the news).

Go complain or something.
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"^_^"
Surely if you bought it and everything then it's yours. Did they take your money?
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeh kill 'em and stuff
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Parr wrote:
> Surely if you bought it and everything then it's yours. Did they take
> your money?

He has a point, if you have proof of the purchase at that price then they may have to give it to you. Check through the terms and conditions and contact watchdog.
You might get something out of it :-)
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Acid Casual"
There were 2. One was £200 reduced to £7 but the other was £500 down to £23. I figured I could go the extra 16 quid for a top of the range one so I bought it.

Problem is Amazon dont take the money out of your account until the goods are dispatched, so in their opinion I dont have a contract with them.

Bah, I got the email confirmation and everything. I was even making a little Ipaq space on my desk...
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:25
Regular
"^_^"
Aliboy is correct. In times like these we all need Watchdog!
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:31
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Parr wrote:
> Aliboy is correct. In times like these we all need Watchdog!

Who hoo for watchdog!
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They're in the wrong
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
They may have made the mistake, but they don't have to sell it to you at that price. Long established that price lables etc amount to an offer to treat, you make the actual formal offer when you drop the item into your shopping kart and checkout. It is then open to Amazon to agree or reject your offer.

However, things like these are sometimes fulfilled as a PR exercise, but there is no legal obligation to. Your only hope is that the automated response amounts to an acceptance from Amazon, this will depend on its wording. I probably have such an e-mail from Amazon here regarding a standard order (it'll be the same seeing these things are automated), but I don't even have to look at it to tell you it won't amount to an acceptance. Amazon are big enough and ugly enough to know how to do these sort of things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.