GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boycot Amazon.co.uk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 20:14
Regular
Please.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to orde a £500 Ipaq at the bargain price of £23 now the gits wont let me have it.

Ho hum.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Bobba you"
The Simpsons springs to mind.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:56
"The Will of D."
If i was working at the place where they made the mistke in the first place I would blame it on the newly imported foreign guy.
Sat 22/03/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
If they are going to lose over £450 for each one they send out, why the hell should they do that?
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:11
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Yeah but Kodak gave in in the end.
Fri 21/03/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I remember a similar thing a while back. Kodak's website were selling digital cameras for £2.50 or something ridiculous and they had to sell them as it wasn;t mentioned anywhere that they were not responsible for typing errors.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:52
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Yeah! Someone else has done Contract 101 :) Fisher v Bell, Boots Cash
> Chemist v British PS, Carhil v Carbolic Smoke Ball Compnay, can still
> ream off the relevant cases for this.
>
> Pity I can't do that for the modules I'm doing now... > furiously>

No! Argh! I just noticed that. Fisher v Goddamn Bell! and the Carbolic Company with their pesky cough remedies!
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:44
"Darkness, always"
According to the Beeb, Amazon have something in their T&C that covers incorrect pricing anyway, so you would never have won this argument.

Unlucky. Maybe next time they won't notice.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:38
"For the horde!!!!"
Craw wrote:
> There were 2. One was £200 reduced to £7 but the other was
> £500 down to £23. I figured I could go the extra 16 quid
> for a top of the range one so I bought it.
>
> Problem is Amazon dont take the money out of your account until the
> goods are dispatched, so in their opinion I dont have a contract with
> them.
>
> Bah, I got the email confirmation and everything. I was even making a
> little Ipaq space on my desk...

I always take a screen dump picture of an order and paste it into word and save it.
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im afraid you wont get your laptop, i seen a similar thing on watchdog with Digicams on Argos, if the price that you bought the item at is obviously the wrong price (like paying £26 for a £500 laptop) then the seller has no obligation to sell.
Thu 20/03/03 at 17:50
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Yeh. I was gutted to not get my hard disks, but that's life :O/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.