GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX-2....Intro...Wow!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
I just downloaded and obviously watched the FFX-2 intro and sweet Jesus that game is going to rule!

Yuna, Rikku and Paine all feature, with Yuna performing in a concert and some amazing laser light comm trickery.

If I ever manage to develop a game, this will be it!

(its on GamesRadar by the way)
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:07
"Darkness, always"
well, let's not forget that somewhere near 10 million people play the Sims...
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:05
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
To be frank, you're probably right. But FFX also had a similarly stunning intro sequence, so my confidence comes from that fact the Final Fantasy X was an excellent game. Here's hoping for a repeat performance.

As much as I love Nintendo games, none of them has been played anywhere near as much as even one of my FF games.

And 1.5 million Japanese folk can't be wrong.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Damn - I type too fast to spell properly....
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:04
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I agree, however the game has had some fantastic reviews in Japan and game is selling like hot-cakes.

I suspect it's a case of... if you like this sort of thing you'll be wetting yourself to get it, but if you don't you may be swayed to try it.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the FF series - I (like everyone else) have FFVII, but got about 2/3rds through and got bored with the random battles etc - while I did play it it was fantastic.

The response to the revent FF games has been mixed, with many stating that it's all more of the same with little real innovation. Clearly FFXI is a big change, but I sincerely hope that FFX-2 is the biggest development seen since FFVII.
Fri 21/03/03 at 14:52
"Darkness, always"
Does it not strike you as a little foolish to judge the quality of a game on the basis of it's introduction sequence, which I'm assuming is CGI, and not necessarily using the game engine?
Fri 21/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I just downloaded and obviously watched the FFX-2 intro and sweet Jesus that game is going to rule!

Yuna, Rikku and Paine all feature, with Yuna performing in a concert and some amazing laser light comm trickery.

If I ever manage to develop a game, this will be it!

(its on GamesRadar by the way)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.