GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX-2....Intro...Wow!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/03/03 at 14:49
Regular
I just downloaded and obviously watched the FFX-2 intro and sweet Jesus that game is going to rule!

Yuna, Rikku and Paine all feature, with Yuna performing in a concert and some amazing laser light comm trickery.

If I ever manage to develop a game, this will be it!

(its on GamesRadar by the way)
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
hmm,

I've seen several ffx-2 trailers and it was so damn amazing! Gosh, I just hope ffx-2 will release an international version as well.

According to some articles I've read, it takes place two years after final fantasy x. the reason why they made a sequel its because the last one was kind of... ahem...

I also found out that ffx-2 has multiple endings. OOOHH..... ^___^!
The "Active Mode" feature works like VALKYRIE PROFILE [Enix RPG for the PSX], I think... (I JusT ThInK! Don't throw a bomb on me yet!). According to WHAT I SAW on ONE OF THE CLIPS I've downloaded, all three first party members (the active charas on the battle) can make an attack in one turn.

Err, just a though... Need to research more.... Eat bread with cheese.... Yum!
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Bandana wrote:
> but i don't really think that preforming a concert
> is like yunas character(thats yuna from ffx), donno but just looks
> weird.

Agreed. Bear in mind that since the Aeons were destroyed during the final battle in X, Yuna is no longer a Summoner as there is nothing left to summon. Therefore she has to do something. But yeah, singing and dancing was a bit of a surprise. However, I'm sure X-2's storyline will explain more, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:00
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
wow just saw the intro, i did'nt expect it to be like that, it'll be a great game i hope, but i don't really think that preforming a concert is like yunas character(thats yuna from ffx), donno but just looks weird.
Wed 26/03/03 at 10:49
"griever"
ff8 rules
Fri 21/03/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Insane Bartender wrote:

> FF7 was, quite frankly, something else. It still stands out for me for
> having the most dispicable baddie in any game ever. You have to hate
> Sephiroth, you want to stop him, you NEED to.

Oh yes the FF games are probably the most emotionally involving I've played. The problem is that I just don't have the time to play enough to get through the game - it's taken me 3 months to get to the end of Ratchet & Clank, not because it's too hard (it is tricky) and not because I don't like it (fantastic game) but I have barely more than 3 or 4 hours a week to play games, which for the likes of FF just isn't enough.

After R&C, I've got the joy's of Vice City to get into.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:29
"Darkness, always"
Well FF6 was a game that you could get lost in. It was just huge, and the number of abilities (it used a system similar to FF9 I think) was astounding considering the time it was made.

FF7 was, quite frankly, something else. It still stands out for me for having the most dispicable baddie in any game ever. You have to hate Sephiroth, you want to stop him, you NEED to. FF8 used a good system, but you really could take the micky sometimes, the "drawing magic" thing was very easily abused. But also, Ultimecia (was that her name?) wasn't half the bad guy that Sephiroth had been, and you felt that she had to be stopped "because you were told to stop her", rather than because you felt compelled to do so by the storyline.

FF9, while using an excellent system, was tragically uninvolving and uninspired, and that's all I have to say about it.

I don't ow a PS2, and unless all three of the Transformers games in the works suddenly become PS2 exclusives, I doubt I ever will.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:23
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I'm an odd FF fan, not really conforming to the part in the stereotype where I think FF7 was revolutionary and FF8 was horrific.

FF7 was ... good. FF8, for me, was the best, most enjoyable and most emotional gaming experience I've had. FF9 returned to older roots, and I liked it quite a lot. FFX, though more bright / modern, is stunning and is soon on Platinum (so IB if you've got a PS2 and £20, I highly recommend you get it).

FF11? I'm not sure about to be honest. Heres hoping the online thing goes well.

But FFX-2? With FFX as a predecessor, it is near impossible to falter.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:14
"Darkness, always"
I'm not saying that the game will be poor, just mentioning that judging it by a CGI intro is folly.

In all probability, the game will be superb. Personally, after the disappointment of FF8 and the fact that FF9 was just dire, I've been put off the series.
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> well, let's not forget that somewhere near 10 million people play the
> Sims...

But then many more people have PC's than PS2's. And there is a much wider market for these games .. can you see your average 10 year old Sims player playing an FF game for any length of time? So Sims may have sold more, but all factors into account, FF is more than likely higher in sales (proportionally).

Ah well, down it if you will : but based on past experience, if not the intro, this next game will rule. I assure you.

But for now, FFX and Metroid Prime will have to do :D
Fri 21/03/03 at 15:07
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Oddly enough, the exception is FF7 : I only got to disc 2, then just wnet back and played the FF8 timer into redness (after 99:99 hours gameplay it goes red). Now FFX, after a steady 70 hours, is going that way also.

I love Sqauresoft :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.