GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metoird Prime, certainly not one for th casual gamer....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 00:31
Regular
As amazing as it is, and as much as I'm loving it, it really is not gonna have much appeal to the casual gamer....well at least not to half the morons in the UK.

Far too much thinking and back tracking, the fact that it's not an all out blaster (I never expected it to be) and more of an adventure says it all really. It hasn't got the pick up and play value that game such as GTA etc have. You really need to spend hours playing it, where as most casual gamers buy crap like GTA becuase they can steal cars and shoot people, hell I doubt half the people who bought GTA even realise there's actually missions to do.

Anyway this isn't a bad thing in my book, it's an amazing game and truely an innovative and original experience. The graphics are simply stunning, the Talon overworld made me nearly soil myself on many a time.

The backtracking element can be a little annoying at times but other than that it's one of the best games i've ever played.
Sat 22/03/03 at 08:15
Regular
"Festivus!"
I couldn't play much yesterday - I was sick and every time I tried to play I nearly threw up.

Today, however, Tallon Overworld has excited me muchly.

Can only play in short bursts, however. Don't know why...
Sat 22/03/03 at 00:31
Regular
As amazing as it is, and as much as I'm loving it, it really is not gonna have much appeal to the casual gamer....well at least not to half the morons in the UK.

Far too much thinking and back tracking, the fact that it's not an all out blaster (I never expected it to be) and more of an adventure says it all really. It hasn't got the pick up and play value that game such as GTA etc have. You really need to spend hours playing it, where as most casual gamers buy crap like GTA becuase they can steal cars and shoot people, hell I doubt half the people who bought GTA even realise there's actually missions to do.

Anyway this isn't a bad thing in my book, it's an amazing game and truely an innovative and original experience. The graphics are simply stunning, the Talon overworld made me nearly soil myself on many a time.

The backtracking element can be a little annoying at times but other than that it's one of the best games i've ever played.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.