GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metoird Prime, certainly not one for th casual gamer....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 00:31
Regular
As amazing as it is, and as much as I'm loving it, it really is not gonna have much appeal to the casual gamer....well at least not to half the morons in the UK.

Far too much thinking and back tracking, the fact that it's not an all out blaster (I never expected it to be) and more of an adventure says it all really. It hasn't got the pick up and play value that game such as GTA etc have. You really need to spend hours playing it, where as most casual gamers buy crap like GTA becuase they can steal cars and shoot people, hell I doubt half the people who bought GTA even realise there's actually missions to do.

Anyway this isn't a bad thing in my book, it's an amazing game and truely an innovative and original experience. The graphics are simply stunning, the Talon overworld made me nearly soil myself on many a time.

The backtracking element can be a little annoying at times but other than that it's one of the best games i've ever played.
Sat 22/03/03 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That plant boss was amazing, but I hate it when you kill it and it just comes back to life. Couldn't they be more inventive?
Sat 22/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
great game got it yestaday, but i did'nt think the graphics were that great, if you ask me it looks like it was originally designed for the N64, the textures arn't great and i was expectecting rounder enemies. But saying that the graphics are still amazing. I'm on the Flaahgra boss at the mo, big planty thing.
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Yes. Prime rocks big time. I can honestly say that this game has raised the bar for me. Every console that has been released I have had a go on - and usually the flagship title. And every one has made me go wow.

I sat myslef down in front of my big telly last night , plugged the audi ports into my Amp....pop whummmmmmm. Fired up the sub, changed the frequency response to take all the bass it could.

Reverentially inserted the disc and fired up the coolest little console on the planet...

and then got blown away. The visuals - the audio and the compelling storyline (hey I ain' that far but I wanna see what's around EVERY corner.)

Unbeleivable. Get this Game. Even Unreal 2 which I have been playing on my PC just can't hack this kind of polish (the game - not my machine!). Sure the graphics may be sweeter - transparencies and reflections more precise/real time, but not at 60 fps and smoother than a baby's backside?

You would be lucky to own a pc that cracks that. Why not spend 100 quid and get the best experience money can buy, today. In fact order it from SR.

Plug done. Off to play. :oP
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:34
Regular
Metroid Prime is rubbish. You can't take drugs. You can't steal vehicles. And there's no 1980s music!

Sheesh, who would even think of playing crap like that?

(Note: May not actually be the opinions of the person posting this message)
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:55
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
I mean all the enermies walking around Metroid Prime are squarey little blocks who move in a two frame animation.. right?
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:17
Regular
I've just beaten the sheegoth's asss. It really is an amazing game, some of the puzzles are genius. :-)
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:35
Regular
You're right, Prime's graphics aren't half as good as GTA:VC's.

They're two times better.
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:08
Regular
"DS..."
Heh, well put Matthew :) I intend on Getting Metroid Prime as soon as I've got anough cash, i'm a bit annoyed at not being able to get it allready but alas cash flow problems at the mo :/ but i will own it soon hopefully just as soon as I get a dam KB for GC PSO, *sigh* better get saving then i guess...

oh and btw if anyones interested in a copy of the rare saturn game XMAS NIGHTS INTO DREAMS sealed at a fairly reasonable price then check out my thread in the Sega Dreamcast forum :)

slik ~_~
Sat 22/03/03 at 08:28
Regular
"Festivus!"
grand theft ali wrote:
> I havent even bought the game because i dont think it is that good ok
> maybe it has good graphics and blowing up things in a while but in the
> end the game becomes anooying and plus the game doesnt even look half
> as good as gta as already mentioned so i think its not that good a
> game

I'll try and translate that... with Punctuation

'I haven't even bought the game because I don't think it is that good. Okay, Okay, maybe it has good graphics and you're able to blow things up, but in the end the game becomes annoying. It doesn't even look half as good as GTA3 or Vice City, so i don't think it is that good'

How would you know? Have you played it?

It's not about blowing things up, oh no - it is an adventure game, and a brilliant one at that.

And how can you compare it to GTA? They are 2 completely different games.

Moron. Why? Look at your tagline.
Sat 22/03/03 at 08:18
Regular
"And some more !"
I havent even bought the game because i dont think it is that good ok maybe it has good graphics and blowing up things in a while but in the end the game becomes anooying and plus the game doesnt even look half as good as gta as already mentioned so i think its not that good a game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.