GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flashpoint save ability"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Operation Flashpoint'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 15:17
Regular
I love Flashpoint and the expansion packs.
The only downside to it, and it's not even that much of a pain, is the one-save-per-level chance which can lead to ages and ages of gameplay only to be stopped with 1 bullet.

If you want to save whenever you want to instead of just the once?

Left Shift + numberpad minus key

Then type savegame

Voila, instant save.
Hurrah.
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Not your monkey"
I should mention I am using Cold War and Red hammer.

I dont have resistance.
Yet.
Mon 31/03/03 at 12:22
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Quick question.

Anyone using XP having any problems?
Worked great on my 98SE system, but I got XP over the weekend.

It plays fine, but occassionally, it bombs out and seems to reset the entire system.

Which is gay.
Especially when I am about to deliver an attack I spent the last 35 minutes setting up.

Yes, I should use the save thingy Goaty mentioned, but thats not the point.
Just wondering if anyone knew of any XP patches?
Thu 27/03/03 at 09:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I commanded all of my men to get into the URL, then I drove it into the sea, bailing out at the last minute.

Then I made them lay down on the floor, hovered over them in an Apache and jumped out.
I sailed down to earth gently, the Apache fell like a fatman and squashed them pesky soldiers.
Thu 27/03/03 at 09:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Once one of my men was caught short in the bush and as he was squating down amongst the detritus, the enemy made contact with us and shot him. I had to laugh when the controller said "On no number twos down".

One of my squaddies then quiped "hey sarge, looks like they've blow the out of him!".

We laughed all the way to Lybia.
Wed 26/03/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Goatboy wrote:
> Best bit yet, using a UH60. Load squad in, go to 2000 feet and then
> order them to get out.
>
> They look like little air-ants from way up here.

Gonna have to try that one.

It is strangely satisfying watching men fly around the place due to a 'well place grenade'. A little disturbing really, but hey, they're only polygons.

Someone should write a mod to replace the guns with cricket bats, and give the grenades random fuse lengths. A game of grenade cricket would result in hours of fun. The bowler is mid run up and *boom*; "hes all over the wicket" gets an entirely new meaning.

Last one standing wins.
Litterally.
Wed 26/03/03 at 14:36
Regular
"That's right!"
My men NEVER do what I tell them in Operation Flashpoint. I prefer just being a grunt and running at the enemy. They needed more WW2 style battles, I thought. Instead, I just find myself getting shot by people halfway across the map, a distance computer aided missiles would find difficult (Red Dwarf reference there)
Wed 26/03/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Had this last night.

Yet again my retard squad dont understand "Squad, danger" and proceed to yomp over the hills towards the enemy base like ramblers with picnics.

So I put a satchel charge down, ordered them all to go there and then used the command view to position them all around it.
I retreat to a safe distance, detonate and watch them fly like meatbags through the air.
It draws the enemy over of course, which is when I detonate the 2nd charge.

I survive, my rating is pants but my temper is restored.
Best bit yet, using a UH60. Load squad in, go to 2000 feet and then order them to get out.

They look like little air-ants from way up here.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:33
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:

> Yep, and God help any solider with a weapon of bigger boom boom
> potential than mine (keep it clean, children). Jealousy is a terrible
> thing.

Yup, if I've got a M16 and the dude next to me has a BAR or something tasty, I'll be thinking to myself: it'd be a shame to accidentaly drop a grenade next to him then run away.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Not your monkey"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Regarding the pilfering of weapons: I rarely finish the mission
> without carrying a mix of Russian/US weaponary. Anything that looks to
> have "boom boom" potential gets lifted.

Yep, and God help any solider with a weapon of bigger boom boom potential than mine (keep it clean, children). Jealousy is a terrible thing.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:20
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'm raiding a base in a wooded valley and everytime I complete the mission I get the heave ho. My "peformance" is not up to scratch. So I may lose a few men and leave Bravo team to do most of the shooting but who else is going to test out the cammos ability to blend in with bushes?

Regarding the pilfering of weapons: I rarely finish the mission without carrying a mix of Russian/US weaponary. Anything that looks to have "boom boom" potential gets lifted.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.