GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best recent (and all time) Anime Movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/06/11 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
No, I won't tell you, you tell me!

I'm getting back into Anime after having no time to really watch them for ages. I've obviously got all bar the most recent Ghibli stuff (though only Ponyo on Blu-ray, not sure if the others are worth upgrading to HD for, probably = yes!).

I've just got myself Summer Wars and I've got Evangelion 1.11 (with 2.22 being sent soon). which are amazing versions of the old Anime classic series turned into movies and changed quite a bit in places.

Also collected some older Asian live action stuff like Ichi and Monkey Magic (the remake of Monkey).

What else should I get? Thinking Blu-ray takes precedence over DVD though.
Fri 17/06/11 at 22:54
"possibly impossible"
Got Girl Who Leapt Trough Time and Tokyo Godfathers.

Heard of Sky Crawlers but haven't seen it. Will look out for that.

The Time Traveller - isn't that a live version (of sorts) of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?
Fri 17/06/11 at 18:11
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Got my attention as soon as I saw the word anime. Here are some good movies:

Millennium Actress
Place Promised In Our Early Days, The
Sky Crawlers
Steamboy
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (made by same people of Summer Wars)
The Time Traveller
Tokyo Godfathers
Voices of a Distant Star

Er...ask if you want more detail, will be more than happy to comply. Hope this helps!
Fri 17/06/11 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
You've got too much time on your hands pb! :¬P

I'm afraid I've no interest in Anime - you'll probably have to wait for Machie for a proper reply!

Is it me or is is very quiet around here - members and staffies?!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 17/06/11 at 14:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Any time pb, any time ;D *note the second exhaustive reply*
Fri 17/06/11 at 14:25
"possibly impossible"
Thanks for that exhaustive and informative reply Chris :D
Fri 17/06/11 at 14:16
Regular
"How Ironic"
Oh don't know :S Never really watched Anime's.
Fri 17/06/11 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
No, I won't tell you, you tell me!

I'm getting back into Anime after having no time to really watch them for ages. I've obviously got all bar the most recent Ghibli stuff (though only Ponyo on Blu-ray, not sure if the others are worth upgrading to HD for, probably = yes!).

I've just got myself Summer Wars and I've got Evangelion 1.11 (with 2.22 being sent soon). which are amazing versions of the old Anime classic series turned into movies and changed quite a bit in places.

Also collected some older Asian live action stuff like Ichi and Monkey Magic (the remake of Monkey).

What else should I get? Thinking Blu-ray takes precedence over DVD though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.