GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I get bullied on school :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/06/11 at 16:46
Regular
Hello. i have shifted to a new city so i have also changed school, the problem is that in my new school some students ask my name and start making fun of it, some students start asking me some really disgusting questions ( hope you know what i mean with disgusting ) some students pushes, kick me or ask me to fight.
another problem when i say to them stop bullying me than that person calls his friends and all those friends support him and say to me fight fight and so all students gather up and say to me fight but if i won't than those people bully me today a teacher has saved me for fighting but tomorrow idk, because those children abuse those teachers too like they say sometimes kiss my ass and only thing which they get is detention of one hour and the next day they start bullying me again after school time when im still in side the school area heading towards the exit...
Wed 14/12/11 at 08:33
Regular
"HELLOOO"
i would stand up and say STOP
honey i realy feel for u because i got bullied
but i stood up
or u could just move school
Thu 09/06/11 at 12:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
After the recent incident revolving the online bullying incident (resulting in a rather sorry ending) and stuff, a lot of schools are being very careful with this sort of issue.

Do these steps one after the other. (If you have done one to no success, do the next)

1) Talk to your friends, anyone who seem neutral in your own group. Try hard to make some neutral friends to support you.

2) Tell the teachers, allow them to perform minor punishment (detention etc)

3) Tell your parents, and ask them to arrange a meeting with the teacher who dealt with the initial punishment

4) Ask for a meeting between you, your parents and the head of your year

5) Ask for a meeting between you, your parents and the head teacher

(Make sure the above steps are clarified in a letter written and signed by you to your school, and keep a copy yourself)

You can also;

-Ask the head teacher or head of year who to complain to if you feel the school is not protecting you as they are legally required to do.

-Ask for details on how to report the incident to the school governers/councilling body. They won't help, but it will allow them to know what is gonig on so stuff can be done generally.

-Report the incident to the police if you feel threatened in any way. Only do this after first following steps 2-5. This will involve some serious allegations, so ensure you are confident you have a real problem.

On a personal level: (Use your own discrestion with these)

-You can seek the bullies out one by one, or in lessons with a teacher around. Politely ask them why they feel it is ok to bully you, and what you have done to annoy them. Do they think it is fun to pick on people weaker than them.

Do this when they are on their own, and you would be suprised how many of them stumble or feel ashamed.

If they group up, look at the members you talked to, and state "Why are you doing this? I asked you when you were on your own and you said nothing/whatever they said. Why is it different when you have a group of friends with you?"

-I do not suggest fighting them at all, as this may result in you being harmed. But no one expects you not to protect yourself. This alone may stop them.

-Avoid the situations as best you can. Stay around teachers when possible, ask a family member to meet you from school.

-DO NOT let the bullies know that you fear or are effected by them, and they tend to move on.
Thu 09/06/11 at 11:41
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I always hate to hear of people being bullied. I used to get bullied a LOT at school.

I'm afraid the only advice I can give will probably not go down too well, but it worked for me. One day I snapped and hit the boy that was bullying me the most and he actually ended up having to go to hospital.

Yes I got into a heap of trouble for it but it stopped the bullying completely afterwards.

The teachers and headmaster at my school were absolutely useless so I felt I had no other choice but to do something myself.

Sometimes just showing that you're not going to take any nonsense is enough to deter bullies because in the end, the majority of them are cowards, and I think this shows when you say they always have to shout their friends over.
Wed 08/06/11 at 22:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi VIP grenade, your link seems to give 'an unknown page' but never mind :¬) There is alot of support and advice for you here, so we all wish you well :¬)

And don't forget to heed what has been said, it's all good advice ... tell your mum and dad, tell your teacher etc etc

P.S.

Interesting reading about Live Oak Middle School
Wed 08/06/11 at 21:56
Regular
"wazthemattermate?"
look kid, i know how u feel.i get bullied here too, in tulare california @ live oak middle school.i learned to ignore it.so can u.try youre best 2 succeed.
Wed 08/06/11 at 12:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
If things are that bad then your head of year should be able to help.They are there for exactly this kind of thing (which they have to take very seriously).As for the bullies,don't let them get you down too much.I know it's hard when you're only 12 but although it may seem like the end of world at the moment this period in your life will pass.When you get a bit older you will see these people for the sad acts they really are and you will wonder why you let them get to you so much.
Wed 08/06/11 at 07:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
I used to get bullied when I was younger, despite being one of the big kids in the year. The best thing to do is stick to official channels (ie. teachers, parents), never take it into your own hands.

Detentions etc. are aload of rubbish, they achieve nothing. If I was you, I'd tell my parents of the problems. I know this can be quite difficult, but they will get it sorted out for you. Inform them that all the school is doing is keeping the bullies behind a few minutes a day for making your life hell. I'd go as far as making an official complaint, even organising a meeting with headmaster (tell your parents to ring the school office and ask to speak to him/her). By doing this, nobody will even know you've reported them because teacher's adhere to strict confidentiality (or they should do anyway).

Hopefully, the headmaster will be that worried about you, or if you're my headmaster, worried about OFSTED inspections, that the bullies will hopefully be confronted and threatened with heavier punishments than just stupid detentions, such as letters home to their parents, suspensions, and even exclusions.

What you can do whilst at school to try and prevent bullying, first of all don't stand out too much. If you've got an extreme hairstyle for example, that's probably not a great idea for school. Find yourself a group of friends to hang round with at break times, it becomes harder for a bully to approach you when you've got support. And I reiterate, do not approach the bullies directly. Trying to reason with them, or the opposite, trying to get your own back and fight them etc. is not a good idea. Bullies thrive on suffering for their own benefits, they find it funny and makes them feel superior. Be the adult, don't ignore it, just handle it responsibly.
Tue 07/06/11 at 22:32
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
Is this actually happening? :

QUOTE:

"Keeping children safe is the responsibility of us all and as such we do not work in isolation but encourage parents, carers and other professionals to be active participants in the welfare of our young people.

Because if it's not then something must be done to rectify this situation. Which age group are you in...there are two mentioned within this 'superb looking establishment'?

And sorry for assuming that you were 'from out of the UK' :¬)

I found this about my school : Link

Im 12 class 7 in my older school no one bullied me ....
Tue 07/06/11 at 21:08
Regular
Tell the teachers and let them know that you will sue the school if this continues. You will get results.
Tue 07/06/11 at 20:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is this actually happening? :

QUOTE:

"Keeping children safe is the responsibility of us all and as such we do not work in isolation but encourage parents, carers and other professionals to be active participants in the welfare of our young people.

Because if it's not then something must be done to rectify this situation. Which age group are you in...there are two mentioned within this 'superb looking establishment'?

And sorry for assuming that you were 'from out of the UK' :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.