GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime: Sock Rocking Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Sun 23/03/03 at 11:05
Regular
OK. We all know how Metroid Prime rocks all of our socks, but before we all go and listen to korn and do some fancy drop D playing, why don't we all tell eachother how far we've got in the game, and help eachother out when we're in trouble.

Personally, after only 2 hours of play, I've reached phenandra, with three energy tanks, and 20 missiles.
Fri 28/03/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Whitestripes wrote:

> And I'm on hard mode, so for me the columns take 6 missiles or 1 super
> missile, which is only 5.

how do you change level of difficulty?
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:47
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> I don't think you can scan it, it is invisible after all.

Well, I couldn't scan that invisible Bombu thingy, so you're probably right. I've snacced 92% of things, so hopefully all shall be scanned :-)
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:45
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Yes, but still, why does it spoil the game, I looked upoin it as cool
> when I heard it, like I said many times before, how do you know what
> it does? It makes no difference, as WS already said there was another
> suit, you knew it was coming, so the name tells you nothing.
>
> By the way, just got it there. Yay.

Ah, but you see, the name tells you everything. All the places that weren't reachable before, now are, and if you didn't know about this extra suit, you'd be wondering how to get to these places for ages.

One place that I was wondering how to get for ages was spoiled by you telling everyone. You don't seem to realise, you may find it cool to have a part of the game spoiled for you, but for some people, it won't be so cool.

You didn't even put a spoiler warning, plus you wrote it in capitals, so you'd have to be blind to see. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong to do it?
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:04
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> WHat if it was your first time even HEARING of Metroid, and someone
> said, you get an Ice Beam, OOPS! game spoiled!
>
> It's in the instruction booklet you idiot.

Yes, but still, why does it spoil the game, I looked upoin it as cool when I heard it, like I said many times before, how do you know what it does? It makes no difference, as WS already said there was another suit, you knew it was coming, so the name tells you nothing.

By the way, just got it there. Yay.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:32
Regular
Good.

I don't think you can scan it, it is invisible after all.

I want to complete it with 100% scans this time.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I tried scanning it. Got shot at.

I dodged and tried scanning it again, and after getting shot again, I thought it would be best to whip out my power beam , which despite having all of the other beam weapons, is still the best.

Oh yes.
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just entered Magmoor Cavern after 3 hours and 23 mins. I have 50 missiles and 3 extra engery tanks. Scanned 28% and collected 18%.
Thu 27/03/03 at 10:44
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Out of interest, has anyone managed to scan the invisible drone in the
> Dynamo?

Nah, I killed him straght away. Doesn't show up anywhere else does it?
Thu 27/03/03 at 10:41
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> WHat if it was your first time even HEARING of Metroid, and someone
> said, you get an Ice Beam, OOPS! game spoiled!

It's in the instruction booklet you idiot.
Wed 26/03/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well.. 3hours of play.. Erm.. 15missiles.. 2 tanks.. and I'm just entering that firey place after you kill that silly plant thing that comes back to life, lol..

But I kicked it. Hard.

Really enjoying this game, quite stunned at the visuals. I still think the Menu/Backround thing 0wnz everything. Its soo cool.

Morphing is super sweet. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is gripping, this game is amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.